Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both Rebel 300 and 500 models will be running Dunlop D404 tires.

Front and Rear sizes:
  • Front Tire: 130/90-16
  • Rear Tire: 150/80-16
Dunlop D404 Reviews Snippet

·
Registered
204 Posts
Now to think about how much of a wider tire I can fit back there... would love to have that look going on!

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can usually go up a size on stock rims but that is it. I personally think they got the tires sized nice and wouldn't change that. I might get a different brand however, I personally like Pirellis.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many of you here would actually change the tire size and model of tire because looking at who these are made for, i'm starting think during its first years we won't see much of that happening. As the years go on, yes, much to the extent we see it happening to the older Rebels, but even then a lot of people are still content.

·
Registered
814 Posts
How many of you here would actually change the tire size and model of tire because looking at who these are made for, i'm starting think during its first years we won't see much of that happening. As the years go on, yes, much to the extent we see it happening to the older Rebels, but even then a lot of people are still content.
Well the tires are actually quite large for a bike this size as it is. I am not sure how good a bigger tire may look. The other issue being changing tire size changes how the bike handles.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This custom is using 500-16 Firestone Deluxe Champion vintage-look tires on stock rims.

Interested in seeing more of this 500, please post the URL to it if you don't mind. Didn't realize that people got that far with the 500 already.

If I ever get into customization these might be the tires I get, perfect for me since i wouldn't care to go beyond spirited riding. Surely that's all they're good for... and looks ;)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Interested in seeing more of this 500, please post the URL to it if you don't mind. Didn't realize that people got that far with the 500 already.

If I ever get into customization these might be the tires I get, perfect for me since i wouldn't care to go beyond spirited riding. Surely that's all they're good for... and looks ;)
Those tires cost more each than the Rebels tires cost combined. But they look decent.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those tires cost more each than the Rebels tires cost combined. But they look decent.
Looking at numbers help and for me at $157 a piece, that a price i'm willing to pay, among costs for dismounting, mounting and so on. Its just the cost of being a hard parker :D

With numbers like that to put it into perspective I wonder how many here would go that route.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Looking at numbers help and for me at $157 a piece, that a price i'm willing to pay, among costs for dismounting, mounting and so on. Its just the cost of being a hard parker :D

With numbers like that to put it into perspective I wonder how many here would go that route.
I would guess probably not many being it is 310 dollars for those tires before install, and the normal tires are 147.

There will be a few I am sure though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I wouldn't.. to be honest, I really don't like the way it looks at all. But everyone has their different perspectives and I respect that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts