Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya folks,

I have my tires set for 29psi both rear and front - as per Honda's specification.
Are you using 29psi for both tires? If not, why and should I do the same?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I always follow the tire pressure listed on the chain guard safety sticker unless I change to a different tire size.

29 PSI front & rear with the factory OEM Dunflops....

Kenny G

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I picked mine up from the dealer they had 33psi.
I double checked my gauge and then dropped it back to 29psi straight away.

The days are getting hotter down here so Ill be checking my tyre pressure more often.
Its been my misfortune to blow a tyre on a stinking hot 47'C day. I had only a fraction too much pressure, the roads were so hot they were melting and my tyres were tacky like gum, all it took was a bump in the road, blew a hole in my rear.

Moral to the story: Country Australia has the best little pubs, more frequent stops on the really hot days is never going to be boring.

·
Registered
306 Posts
When I picked mine up from the dealer they had 33psi.
I double checked my gauge and then dropped it back to 29psi straight away.

The days are getting hotter down here so Ill be checking my tyre pressure more often.
Its been my misfortune to blow a tyre on a stinking hot 47'C day. I had only a fraction too much pressure, the roads were so hot they were melting and my tyres were tacky like gum, all it took was a bump in the road, blew a hole in my rear.

Moral to the story: Country Australia has the best little pubs, more frequent stops on the really hot days is never going to be boring.
So the only reason you had to ride on a 40ºC+ day was to go to the pub?

I like your reasoning :grin2:

I remember a couple of years ago in mid February it was 47ºC in the shade, so the black road would have been much hotter. I was following a truck and it's tyres were pulling up huge strips of road surface and flinging it everywhere, needless to say, I kept my distance.

I run my tyres at 30PSI as it's easier to see on my gauge.

And that's another thing that irks me, the stupid valve stems make it so hard to read pressure or inflate. I actually bought a gauge with a 90º capability and will upgrade to 90º valve stems at the first tyre change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts