Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I´m an newbie here and also a new owner of a brand new rebel 500.
I´m no native speaker. I´m an Austrian and so my english maybe funny or clumsy. But anyway, you all are invited, to make some jokes about my wording. :smile2:

My bike runs all in order and really smooth and i`ve a lot of fun with it.
But there is maybe a small problem and so I need your experience:
The rebel- manual tells me, the throttle-play has to be 3 to 6mm. On my bike I feel a very large play. After gunning the engine, I have to work the throttle in a position where the play is shorter or gone, and after this, all the following is easy as usual. But if I do not so, the feeling of the trottle-grip is a bit fuzzy and non- precise.
My Question to you: is this normal on this bike?
If not, how do you do the maintainance of this problem? The manual tells nothing about adjusting the throttle play, only about the clutch-play.
In the past, I had no problems to adjust plays on clutch or throttle on other bikes. But i´m not so shure on this one.
So, are there the same problems to someone of you and how do you do the adjusting?
THX for hints! :grin2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a new rebel 300 an was wondering if anyone could tell me how to adjust the clutch lever? I need mine brought closer to me. Dont have long fingers.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I just bought a new rebel 300 an was wondering if anyone could tell me how to adjust the clutch lever? I need mine brought closer to me. Dont have long fingers.
Buy a set of adjustable short levers.

ETA:

I bought and installed these:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/MC-Short-Adjustable-CNC-Brake-Clutch-Levers-Honda-CMX-500-300-Rebel-2017-Black/263110515828?hash=item3d429bdc74:g:TSgAAOSwk5FUw6pa

Pricier than some at $69, but several who've bought the cheaper ones have noted that they're a bit wobbly. Doesn't affect the function, but I like things that are machined with tight tolerances.

Also, free shipping to the US from Canada, and I had them at my doorstep in the midwest in less than a day and a half.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts