Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size those bolts are on the battery terminal? I added a battery tender to mine, and I also have a USB. Now the bolts are not quite long enough to hit the retainer, so I can’t get them tight. Probably 2mm longer and it would work just fine, but I don’t know what thread or size they are.

I also got a nice plug to read the battery voltage from Battery Tender as well. So I can always check the voltage quick as well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
shim the nuts up so your bolts can catch the threads of the nuts

the vinyl tubing shown in video works great but any flexible/pliable material will work...use your imagination....cut a piece of styrofoam, foam padding...etc...etc...anything that will give way to the bolt as it is tightened through the nut

also the friction provided by the shim will help keep the nut in place while manipulating the battery into position and getting the bolts installed

Reactions: Sammyray

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wanted to follow up in case someone finds this thread. The shimming technique above is a good one to force the nuts up high in the battery carrier. But you can also order longer bolts. Revzilla has a 6-20mm length that all work. Don’t order longer than you need or you won’t be able to get it tight without going into the battery (bad).
For me adding three power items on the terminal I needed the M6x14 to get them all threaded on and the terminal down right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts