Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, so I am looking at getting a rebel 300 or 500. financially I can afford either, however I clearly want to get the best deal and save money if possible. so here's the deal I don't "want"to go over 5grand. so if

option #1. $3200 cash! I'm looking at a used 2017 Rebel 300 black with just over 1,000 miles that about 2hrs east of me. this would be a private party sale he has title in hand.

option #2 local dealer listing price $4999! local Harley dealer has a 2017 Rebel 500 with 6800 miles "i think it has ABS bc in photo it has ABS light on but doesn't list it as ABS in listing." the photo also shows an aftermarket exhaust.

what do you guys think? the speed limits on the main roads that I would be riding on is 45-55. I do live near a interstate however I rarely ever take it with my car so why would I with a bike! Thanks fro your thoughts. have a great night.

What did you guys pay for your bikes?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Jeep,

If used Rebels had been available when I purchased my Rebel I would have went for one.

If you have any plans to haul a passenger consider the 500.

If you are going to ride by yourself with a maximum speed limit of 55 MPH I am sure the 300 will be satisfactory.

Kenny G

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
my wife shows no interest in riding with me but I would like this purchase to be a long term bike and maybe eventually get her on it. I’m leaning toward the 500 bc of this and might see if the dealer can flex alittle on the price. If they can get me $5,000 OTD I’ll prolly pull the trigger.

I think I’ll be happy with either one and am excited to just get back on a motorcycle it’s been about 11/12 years.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm not sure where you're located Jeep but they're pulling a fast one on you for the 2017 500 at the dealership. I bought my brand new, 0 miles, 2017 500 last year (no abs) from a dealer in Wisconsin for $4200 + title/tax here in Minnesota. A used 2017 with almost 7k miles on it for 5 grand? No me gusta. If can drive a few more hours away and get a better deal you'll be better off. I spent $100 on diesel to cross the entire state of Wisconsin and back to get mine, and it was well worth it to save the 2 grand that I otherwise would have spent here.

And if those are your only two options, for mileage alone I'd go with the 300. You could always resell it if you really wanted to upgrade to something bigger

·
Registered
14 Posts
Regarding ABS, I’d always go for this option no matter the cost. I’ve owned 30 plus motorcycles with only the last two having ABS and now I wouldn’t be without it. Simply put, one day it will save your life or save you from serious injury.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not sure where you're located Jeep but they're pulling a fast one on you for the 2017 500 at the dealership. I bought my brand new, 0 miles, 2017 500 last year (no abs) from a dealer in Wisconsin for $4200 + title/tax here in Minnesota. A used 2017 with almost 7k miles on it for 5 grand? No me gusta. If can drive a few more hours away and get a better deal you'll be better off. I spent $100 on diesel to cross the entire state of Wisconsin and back to get mine, and it was well worth it to save the 2 grand that I otherwise would have spent here.

And if those are your only two options, for mileage alone I'd go with the 300. You could always resell it if you really wanted to upgrade to something bigger
Have to agree here... I got my 2017 last year (new, 0 mile leftover) for 4700+ tax/fees. I always buy in fall/winter and look for leftovers... buying in spring will bring more demand. Best of luck in your choice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts