Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tring to put gas in my new Rebel 300 today, I couldn't figure out how to pump in fuel because the tube won't go in far enough to latch on...am I the only dumb person here? I live in Southern California.

·
Banned
247 Posts
I filled up for the first time last night and I had neither of those issues.

The hole in the tank perfectly fit the nozzle and I was even able to set it to the 'auto' shutoff clip under the handle and admired my bike while it was filling up. It got near the top clicked off then I put an extra few squirts in it to top it off shut the lid and went for an hour ride. No overflow, no hassle!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I filled up for the first time last night and I had neither of those issues.

The hole in the tank perfectly fit the nozzle and I was even able to set it to the 'auto' shutoff clip under the handle and admired my bike while it was filling up. It got near the top clicked off then I put an extra few squirts in it to top it off shut the lid and went for an hour ride. No overflow, no hassle!
well, you're a **** wizard. Apparently.

·
Registered
715 Posts
California has a vapor recovery system that includes a device that sucks fumes back into the pump. It forms a seal between the pump and the filler nozzle. Great for cars, sucks for bikes. It won’t pump unless the flap makes a seal against the car. That’s why we have to hold it back.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I was even able to set it to the 'auto' shutoff clip under the handle and admired my bike while it was filling up. It got near the top clicked off then I put an extra few squirts in it to top it off shut the lid and went for an hour ride. No overflow, no hassle!
Never let go of the handle while filling up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts