Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
modifying this bike is not as easy as one would think. First of all every website has the handlebars listed at 7 age when they're actually 1in. So I just bought the Diablo drag bars and I'm wondering if I'm going to need new cables made?
if they're flat drag bars you will not need new cables. i have them on my bike, but depending on which ones you bought you may or may not need to drill a hole in the bars to mount the controls. but i think the diablo ones come pre drilled

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wish I could find a plug and play headlight for the wife's bike but without the cowl. Thanks for the link though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wish I could find a plug and play headlight for the wife's bike but without the cowl. Thanks for the link though.

Pretty much any light with a H4 socket is plug and play. i used this one that's meant for a Harley Sportster. Just had to do some light trimming to metal trim in the cowl to make it fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pretty much any light with a H4 socket is plug and play. i used this one that's meant for a Harley Sportster. Just had to do some light trimming to metal trim in the cowl to make it fit.
Yeah I have been thinking of going that route. Did you have to drill and tap the housing?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah I have been thinking of going that route. Did you have to drill and tap the housing?

There is a metal bracket around the inside of the old one that I just had to trim some edges off with a dremel to make the new one fit. I then put a strip of 3m tape around the new one to hold it snug.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts