Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As close to the perfect bike as i am going to get.

Hi all! new here but certainly not new to motorcycles. I have owned, built and drag raced literally several dozen motorcycles in my life. Everything from Harley's, Buell's, R6's, S40's, GSXR's to vintage CB's and KZ's. They all had their issues.

Saturday i picked up my new black 300, ahhh, feels like home. I'm comfortable, the handlebars are great, i can see out the mirrors and it's relatively smooth. This bike is very intuitive in turns and feels super "planted". Power is fantastic for such a small bike and i love how light it is.
I initially thought i would buy the 500 but the clutch cover was a deal breaker for me, too intrusive on my right leg, could not get comfortable at a stop or while riding.
I have had about 10 new bikes with fuel injection and i hated them all, no personality and horrible when snapping the throttle open at slower speeds as well as being generally crappy when downshifting.

The rebel has a much more forgiving fuel injection tune that feels more natural and while i would rather not have fuel injection at all, Honda did a great job of making it feel like a finely tuned high quality carb.
The only thing on this bike i don't like is the gigantic muffler and the fact that i cannot see the speedo on a sunny day.

I think this one is finally my keeper, i friggin love this thing!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the M4 with stage 2 silencer yesterday. The angle of most of the aftermarket exhausts is just wrong, there are certain lines and angles on the bike that are styling cue's, when you add a whole new angle it looks crappy.
The M4 and the Two brothers are the only ones that got it right in my book, but the M4 had more options as far as silencers.

This is the only mod I intend to do (unless I find a way to make the speedo more visible in sunlight), the rest of the bike needs no changes, it is just right.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I ordered the M4 with stage 2 silencer yesterday. The angle of most of the aftermarket exhausts is just wrong, there are certain lines and angles on the bike that are styling cue's, when you add a whole new angle it looks crappy.
The M4 and the Two brothers are the only ones that got it right in my book, but the M4 had more options as far as silencers.

This is the only mod I intend to do (unless I find a way to make the speedo more visible in sunlight), the rest of the bike needs no changes, it is just right.
Aside from the seat I haven't done any modifications - except paint a couple of bits here and there and those were done on extra parts I bought just to paint them. And even with the seat I switch back and forth between the stock, the corbin and a custom seat. I just like the look of the bike AS-IS.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aside from the seat I haven't done any modifications - except paint a couple of bits here and there and those were done on extra parts I bought just to paint them. And even with the seat I switch back and forth between the stock, the corbin and a custom seat. I just like the look of the bike AS-IS.
Yeah, I have scratch built and modified so many bikes in my life, I'm Really excited to find a bike that I think is just right as is. My experience is that most aftermarket parts/mods do not end up making me happier with the bike in the long run, there is almost always a down side.

·
Registered
1 Posts

How do you like the M4?! I just ordered it with the stage 2 baffle as well. I'm excited to install it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts