Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after a very long wait she’s home! Picked it up today and had a great ride home. Took the extra long way and just cruised home. Only put on 15 miles today but it’s was the best time I’ve had in a while. Still got the grin from ear to ear ? now I just need to make up my mind on the exhaust but I’m in no rush just glad I got it home and can ride whenever I want. Woohoo!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wise words, Kenny!
Some people pay a whole bike and are accepting only the half of it. They throw away a lot of money... I change the cheaper parts of the bike (Handlebars, Chain guard,...) when they are worn out and bad looking, but not before. They are OK yet and I have paid for them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Chris!
Congratulations for your brand new Rebel! Have fun and ride safe!

I think, Kenny is right. Be wary also about a new exhaust. In my opinion, the OEM one is OK and good looking.
But more important is, it is a part that matches the whole system of the bike. Another one maybe will not really.
I have seen a youtuber and I trust him, he talks people off, to change theyr exhausts in a hurry. Most aftermarket exhaust don´t match anything on the bike apart from the possibility to bolt them on - and also not the noise/environment regulations of the state/country. For example, I have looked out of curiousity after new exhausts for the rebel. All sellers described every second of them for "only to use in races or on private property, no licenses".

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Kenny
Yeah I’m in not rush to change out any parts right now just want to enjoy the ride for now. I’ve got all winter to think about after market parts. Plus I want to keep it stock for the break in period which according to the 2018 manual is 300 miles. Oh and I definitely plan to keep it shinny side up ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts