·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of. What is it?

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Lyoko,

Click on the link I provided.

It is a very intense ride honoring some of the traditions of the American Indian. The entry fee is $500.00.

Kenny G

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Lyoko,

Click on the link I provided.

It is a very intense ride honoring some of the traditions of the American Indian. The entry fee is $500.00.

Kenny G
I did Kenny, and it doesn't really give any good detailed info on what it actually is.
Hence why I wondered.
Sounds interesting though.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did Kenny, and it doesn't really give any good detailed info on what it actually is.
Hence why I wondered.
Sounds interesting though.

Lyoko,

Click a little bit more to get through the website.

Kenny G

·
Registered
787 Posts
meh. no offense but too much of the things you CAN'T do turned me off. starting with american only. i guess there are other similar projects for Jap bikes, or preferably ANY bike. but still...
then NO GPS, no extra fuel.. the point to me should be just to get the Iron Butt award for riding 10K miles. that's a huge achievement in itself.. but the other stipulations make it seem Elitist, and that's not cool in my book.
But I wish you best of luck of course Kenny G!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
meh. no offense but too much of the things you CAN'T do turned me off. starting with american only. i guess there are other similar projects for Jap bikes, or preferably ANY bike. but still...
then NO GPS, no extra fuel.. the point to me should be just to get the Iron Butt award for riding 10K miles. that's a huge achievement in itself.. but the other stipulations make it seem Elitist, and that's not cool in my book.
But I wish you best of luck of course Kenny G!!
You kind of missed the point Odin. It's a ride honoring Native American heritage hence American made bikes. It's called a challenge for a reason, to channel your inner warrior without all the modern gadgets. If you want to go to your local Starbucks bike night meet and greet go right ahead and have fun but to knock something you know nothing about THAT is not cool in my book.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kenny any update on this? I don't remember you talking about it after the fact so were you not able to go?
Odin,

No, I wasn't able to get enough sponsors or a better ride than my old Sportster which just has the OEM peanut tank. I am going to look for a larger tank that can be adapted to my Sportster for next year. The only person that I know very well who started the ride was hospitalized in the middle of the event. It is a tough ride and if I don't do it next year I guess I will soon be too old to attempt the HokaHey Challenge. I do have a lot of miles under my belt but I thought I should do one last Challenge just to prove to myself that I still have what it takes....

Kenny G

·
Registered
787 Posts
is that guy ok? have a crash or just exhaustion, etc..
let us know a bit earlier next year so we can on board to support team Kenny!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Odin,

It was a middle aged woman and I think it was heat exhaustion. When she is back home I will check with her and get the details. Dehydration and heat exhaustion on very real for motorcycle riders during the hot months of the year. It is good to have a team with a van along for mishaps.

This HokaHey Challenge is not for the faint of heart.....One fellow died this year from a crash he was in........

Kenny

·
Registered
787 Posts
dayum :( yeah you're right. can't just do that kinda thing on a whim I would think. Hope she's alright. I've cut some day rides short this year cause I can feel myself getting tired in the sun. and i've figured out what parts to put sunblock on that are just slightly exposed due to gaps, like between sleeves/gloves, or jacket/helmet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts