Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my exhaust today and wow it’s loud. I love the sounds but it’s seems way too much for the city. I’m in Seattle and I think I might piss of my neighbors at 6am going to work as I’m in a close quarters apartment complex. Not trying to have someone mess with my bike because of it. What are your guys thoughts on this? Too much for the city? Am I just used to the stock?

·
Registered
63 Posts
My twin pipe was very loud and I come home from work always late at night. I was worried like you. So I went back to the shop who made my pipe and asked them to put a silencer. Now it's much better. Still loud but not annoying loud.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Got my exhaust today and wow it’s loud. I love the sounds but it’s seems way too much for the city. I’m in Seattle and I think I might piss of my neighbors at 6am going to work as I’m in a close quarters apartment complex. Not trying to have someone mess with my bike because of it. What are your guys thoughts on this? Too much for the city? Am I just used to the stock?
Mine is coming today so i can't judge how loud it is yet. Do you have the 300 or 500?

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
When I was a teenager I had a friend who worked nights, 5 miles away from my house, across a river, in a different town. I swear that I could hear his bike from 5 miles away and throughout his entire trip home at 1:00 am - he had a Kawasaki 3 cylinder 2 stroke - sounded like this - no baffles in muffler at all

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is coming today so i can't judge how loud it is yet. Do you have the 300 or 500?
I have the 500

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think 3-4 dBs quieter, I never ran TBR without it, purchased them together. You can call Two Brothers and ask. One thing for sure - I've never said to myself "it's too loud". It's loud enough, definitely louder than a stock exhaust, but not to the point that I would be worried that it bothers anyone.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I think 3-4 dBs quieter, I never ran TBR without it, purchased them together. You can call Two Brothers and ask. One thing for sure - I've never said to myself "it's too loud". It's loud enough, definitely louder than a stock exhaust, but not to the point that I would be worried that it bothers anyone.
FYI not saying if that is incorrect or not, but 3db is half the loudness. Seems kind of crazy to be that big of a difference.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey dude, I'm in Bellevue, still learning to ride my 500, but let lemmie know if you ever wanna sync up on anything - I've done a few mods!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts