Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my fuel tank is dented but there's no paint transfer. I honestly dont know how it got dented but i wanted to know if I could fix it without having to replace the whole tank. Its a very small dent nothing major but I noticed it and it bothers me. Will have to add a photo later. Any tips or recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
1,295 Posts
do a google search on "paintless dent removal" in your area - or take a look at youtubes videos on the same topic

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's definitely going to be some sort of "plunger" style tool to fix the dent. In the place that it's in, it doesn't look like it will be a big challenge. There are countless brands for dent repairs kits, check manelord or bondo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Suction cup. Last time I had a dent like that on my Vespa, I pulled it with an old cell phone suction cup mount hanging in the garage. I had to pull several times and I warmed the metal up with a hair dryer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I got hit (and run :() by a careless driver and it left my rebel with a dent in the tank as well.
I did what some of the other posters here said, i bought a PDR kit on ebay for about 20 bucks and some specialized glue sticks for another 10 bucks.
Check the photos out for results. I got most of it out and is not too noticeable on a quick glance.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts