Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want saddle bags but rather a small/medium tail bag that I can mount on the rear fender. I need to fit a small laptop inside and maybe a rain jacket. Any recommendations on something not overly huge or bulky? I want something black to match the bike and waterproof or at least have a waterproof cover.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I made several styles of racks for my Rebel including this one...which I can mount a Nelson-
Rigg Commuter Lite tail bag.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey, sorry to be late to the party @zr2paul ....

I have the OEM rack on the back just like you. I used to have the Ogio Tail Bag and overall it was fine and convenient enough, but especially in hindsight it lacks flexibility and ease to convert into a decent shoulder bag etc...

So I now have the entire set of Kriega US bags, the 20, two 10s, and the 5 for little trips with essentials. I love them. Originally I thought I might be annoyed by the roll top style bags, but not at all. I've stuffed them and gone on road trips and no big deal. The US20 comes with a shoulder strap and easily converts to being a rugged shoulder bag and will fit pretty much any laptop. The US10 I've managed to add a small shoulder strap too (it's only defecit is it wasn't designed for that) but can still fit my small footprint Dell 13" laptop.

But the bags are great and as a series can be linked together for expandable travel. They're of very high quality as well. A little pricey, but I managed to find the set used on ebay and it was worth the slight risk of not getting new...

I don't want saddle bags but rather a small/medium tail bag that I can mount on the rear fender. I need to fit a small laptop inside and maybe a rain jacket. Any recommendations on something not overly huge or bulky? I want something black to match the bike and waterproof or at least have a waterproof cover.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I should mention, I leave the clip in straps permanently looped to the fender luggage rack. I added a velcro strap to each one and then wrap them together when not in use so they don't flap around on the back of the bike...if that makes sense.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any chance you can take some pictures of it on your bike? I'd like to see the 10 or 20. Thanks for the info!

I should mention, I leave the clip in straps permanently looped to the fender luggage rack. I added a velcro strap to each one and then wrap them together when not in use so they don't flap around on the back of the bike...if that makes sense.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I simply cut one half of an old saddlebag and bolted it to the back of the passenger seat. Works a treat, somewhere to keep my protective Cover-19 mask while we're in lockdown in New Zealand. Post-lockdown, the mask goes back to being my anti-diesel fumes protection. And yes, there's my rain jacket in the mailbag too. Cheers. Mutley.
IMG_6313.JPG
IMG_6314.JPG

·
Registered
54 Posts
Any chance you can take some pictures of it on your bike? I'd like to see the 10 or 20. Thanks for the info!
Hey- Sorry for not getting back to this. I'm stuck under the weather in my place, but will get out in the next couple of days and snap a picture for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts