Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still waiting for my saddle bags, but in the meantime I thought of getting a tail bag, as I'm sure I'm going to want one anyway.

I found this tail bag on Amazon.

Anyone here used this?

It seems to be well-designed, but I don't see that it locks.

I'd really like a hard box that locks and could be locked to the rear carrier. While money is an object, there's also 'buy nice or buy twice ... or thrice.'

It seems most of what I'm finding is generic and not purpose designed for the Rebel.

I've also considered getting a 'packout tool box' such as Dewalt makes, but the best designed one I've found is a Milwaukee with metal rod handles on all 4 vertical corners making it easy to attach. But then I'm not crazy about the red box with the white letters and black trim accents.

Bottom line, I'm more interested in function and practicality than style. Heck, it doesn't have to be mounted all the time.

I think I'm beginning to ramble, but basically I'm looking for input on what seems to be a universe of different designs and materials.

Thanks.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I posted about the bag I am using. It's big enough for a gallon of milk. It bolts to the top of the fender with the same two bolts that help hold on the fender. I use two straps to give it stability and put some some fabric under it so when I remove it, the paint will still look good. Search my early posts.

Because the fender is round and curved putting/bolting anything to it will rock in all directions. Bags tend to be the best way to mount and carry lots of stuff. I only do day rides so not much needed to carry. Just start searching and looking at what others are using. Few are using tail bags unless they have some kind of rack.

ps: most 1100 posts members have put 1100 in the title so you can filter the search more if you use 1100 somewhere in your search line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts