Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts

looks to be easy plug and play with power splitter (red/blk wires) plugging into the accessory plug and the tach signal splitter (yellow wires) plugging into coil + terminal

instructions in English for Daytona Velona Tachs can be found on the Daytona European site

Gauge on Webike site - LINK

Reactions: SLI

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Came with english user guide, but installation instructions (specific to 2017-2019 newer Rebel 250/500) are in Japanese only.

From what i see in the install instructions, it’s cut 1 wire going to the ecu, crimp 2 supplied connectors to the cut wire, and the rest is plug and play with the included parts/adapters.

looks to be easy plug and play

instructions in English for Daytona Velona Tachs can be found on the Daytona European site

Gauge on Webike site - LINK

·
Registered
286 Posts
Came with english user guide, but installation instructions (specific to 2017-2019 newer Rebel 250/500) are in Japanese only.

From what i see in the install instructions, it’s cut 1 wire going to the ecu, crimp 2 supplied connectors to the cut wire, and the rest is plug and play with the included parts/adapters.

View attachment 33270
The + coil terminal wires (Bu/Y coil1 and Y/Bu coil 2) come from the ECU...so you can connect the yellow splitter wire at the coil or ECU whichever is easier to access.

Can you tell from the Japanese instructions which pulse per revolution setting to use in setting up the gauge on the Rebel?

Reactions: SLI

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The + coil terminal wires (Bu/Y coil1 and Y/Bu coil 2) come from the ECU...so you can connect the yellow splitter wire at the coil or ECU whichever is easier to access.

Can you tell from the Japanese instructions which pulse per revolution setting to use in setting up the gauge on the Rebel?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Unbolted the tank, rotated it without undoing the fuel line, couldn’t find any blue/yellow wire in the ECU harness...grrr.

Or am i looking at the wrong harness and should be looking at the black one next to the grey one?

·
Registered
286 Posts
When you get it hooked up and running shoot some video...I'd like to see how smooth the needle behaves at idle and held at various rpms.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a Daytona gauge from Webike Japan, i’m expecting high quality. I don’t like messing around with cheap or sketchy stuff.

Will definitely post a vid when it’s done. I’ve waited long enough and nobody on here has taken a crack to install anything like this with details and pics.

Taking this opportunity to document all the steps i’ve taken and share it on here.

When you get it hooked up and running shoot some video...I'd like to see how smooth the needle behaves at idle and held at various rpms.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Was perusing the Webike site and noticed they had four different model numbers available for Daytona Velona tach kits to fit the 300/500 Rebels. All different prices.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts