·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Long story short I figured I'd be the guinea pig for these and just placed an order.
If these workout chances are I'll be selling my underbelly fairing if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
789 Posts
There's no way this coming riding season I can endure longer rides without being able to stretch again.
There's a new enginge guard on the market by T-Rex Racing, and based on the lower bend of the design it looks perfect for resting your feet. Anyone by chance tried these?

https://www.amazon.com/T-Rex-Racing-2017-2018-Honda-Engine/dp/B07ML4YC5Y/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1548271820&sr=8-5&keywords=honda+rebel+engine+guard
i'm interested to know what you think Bill, it definitely looks like they made it wide enough so you can put your foot there for rest :D

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, ran into a snag. Engine guard came in (fast shipping), but the supplied bolts are for a 500 not a 300. The 500 uses two frame bolts in the front where it attaches, the 300 uses one long 10x292mm bolt factory.

Emailed the company to see if they just sent the wrong pack of bolts. If not, will have to return and continue the search.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I am starting to think that T-Rex can't get much right when it comes to the revels.

Try MC Enterprises they specifically say they have 2 different engine guard for the Rebel 300 & 500.

Kenny G

·
Registered
201 Posts
Can you guys make a picture of how you rest your legs on it?

So far I couldn't find any pictures in the internet. It may happened that position of legs is not comfortable or something else.

Thanks.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
T-rex's customer service responded saying they do have a the M10x335 bar for the 300 and it should have shipped with it.
Hopefully they can get a replacement mailed over this week. ^ that seating position is making me drool over here, exactly what i've been looking for since day one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
With reference to Trex and parts for the Rebel see my posts on the centre stand thread. The third parcel, second replacement part has now arrived but I will not be home until the end of the week so cannot confirm yet whether I finally have the right part. To be fair to T-Rex they have, on two occasions now, immediately sent out a replacement part when I have contacted them to say that the part doesn't fit. I don't know how much sending these parts to the UK has cost them but it cannot be cheap, and wouldn't have been an issue if they had just sent out the right part to start with. I will update the centre stand thread at the weekend, hopefully to say its all fitted and working.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Replacement part for engine guard on the 300 should be in by end of today. Hopefully I can find the time to put it on this weekend.
Weather went from -50 degrees (wednesday) to + 50 degrees by Sunday. The plan is to give a short ride report on how they feel.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good news, T Rex racing sent the right part I needed. Installation was pretty straight forward and took about 15 minutes.

Didn't get to do a test ride like I hoped. But does feel nice stretching out while sitting on the bike now.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any regrets?

Good news, T Rex racing sent the right part I needed. Installation was pretty straight forward and took about 15 minutes.

Didn't get to do a test ride like I hoped. But does feel nice stretching out while sitting on the bike now.
For those of you who purchased the T-Rex engine guards how have they been working out for you? I'm trying to decide between these or the one that MC Enterprise makes.

·
Registered
789 Posts
understood just checking. not many chances to ride here, but I manage to pick one day where it'll hit 40 each week and go out for 30/60 mins whatever i can handle
like tomorrow, have off and the high is 45 so i'll go out for a bit. Spring can't get here soon enough believe me

1 - 20 of 26 Posts