Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoying my new 500 that I picked up in late July. been lurking the forums ever since, and have gotten some great info. I'm currently getting all my winter projects lined up.

I'm trying to decide between the T-Rex center stand and a rear spool stand with the T-Rex spool adapters. I can't find a good picture of how the center stand fits in the up position. Does it lock in the up position, or does the spring keep it up? Does it bounce around while riding? Anyone have a pic of it in the up position.

Really can't decide which way to go. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
474 Posts
The center stand is great, it is held up by the spring and doesn't bounce around at all. The center stand goes where you go, and the swing arm stand stays at home. I love mine, it was the first thing I added to my 500. This picture will give you some idea of the up position.

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have managed to make my swing arm stand work with the OEM exhaust. Just have to fiddle it slightly off straight, and be careful....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's a few more.
Hi,
I am riding the same 500 with Red color tank in Japan since 2017/05 and I would like to ask if you have fixed a center stand by yourself or by Honda dealer.
I'm understanding how to fix from Youtube but I can not fix by myself and intend to ask Honda dealer.
However they need the written manuals in Japanese language instead of Youtube.

About 6 months ago, I contacted T-Rex racing to get the written manuals in English before my order but they refused my proposal due to their sales policy and they said that the manuals is coming with
the goods.
Please kindly let me know if you have received the manuals with a center stand or not.

Thanks for your corporation in advance.
Ueno

·
Registered
474 Posts
I did get a sheet of instructions with the stand. It's pretty simple to install, I did it in about 30 minutes. It's very nice to have and the best mod I've done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did get a sheet of instructions with the stand. It's pretty simple to install, I did it in about 30 minutes. It's very nice to have and the best mod I've done.
Thanks for your quick response and I would like to ask you to send me a sheet of instructions by return in order to translate into Japanese for Honda dealer as well as to persuade them who are not willing to install this stand due to the complains in case of the troubles afterward.

Meantime I want to know how long does it take to receive the stand after your order as they do not the stock at this moment.

Thanks again
Ueno

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm sorry to say that I no longer have the instruction sheet. The you-tube video covers the installation very well, it is not difficult. When I ordered my stand they were in stock and it was delivered in a week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sorry to say that I no longer have the instruction sheet. The you-tube video covers the installation very well, it is not difficult. When I ordered my stand they were in stock and it was delivered in a week.
Thank you so much for your kind corporation and I will place an order in due course.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The center stand is great, it is held up by the spring and doesn't bounce around at all. The center stand goes where you go, and the swing arm stand stays at home. I love mine, it was the first thing I added to my 500. This picture will give you some idea of the up position.
Where did you get those mini saddlebags? do they lock?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts