Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just installed T Rex engine guard and exhaust slider. Pretty straight forward install overall...took approx. 30 mins total and most of that was me unwrapping the bars as it came wrapped super tight with thick foam. Happy with t rex and no customer service issues. Package came as described, on time, and not missing anything. It included the bolts for 500, and the single bolt for 300. No modification was required. Doesn't seem to add too much weight, yet feels very sturdy. I'm happy with this purchase.

I had wondered if the exhaust slider would be any useful with the TBR exhaust set up since it sticks out more than stock, and it seems like it'll do the job just fine. I leaned the bike over, and the frame and slider hit the ground before anything else. Would recommend.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
...Pretty straight forward install overall...took approx. 30 mins total and most of that was me unwrapping the bars as it came wrapped super tight with thick foam....
Recently just installed mine and I had a chuckle at this. Their packaging was spot on and very secure! It took me a good while to get all that wrapping off! Whoever is in charge of their wrapping and packaging over there I welcome them to come by before Christmas season and help me do all of my wrapping :grin2:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...Pretty straight forward install overall...took approx. 30 mins total and most of that was me unwrapping the bars as it came wrapped super tight with thick foam....
Recently just installed mine and I had a chuckle at this. Their packaging was spot on and very secure! It took me a good while to get all that wrapping off! Whoever is in charge of their wrapping and packaging over there I welcome them to come by before Christmas season and help me do all of my wrapping
Lol I remember the moment I was unwrapping...every time I thought I had finished a section I was thinking "still???!!! How much wrapping and tape is on this thing?!". Fun times...

·
Registered
11 Posts
i purchased the t-rex crash bars, coming this weekend. Any torque required when installing?
Your response is appreciated, thank you in advance

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i purchased the t-rex crash bars, coming this weekend. Any torque required when installing?
No torque specs were specified in the instructions. The bolts are sturdy, so I just tightened till it felt secure enough. Went back a week later and retightened a couple of bolts there felt a bit loose for my preference. The danger in over tightening would be on the clamps as they MAY snap if you over do it. Tighten till secure, don't push it, re check, and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No torque specs were specified in the instructions. The bolts are sturdy, so I just tightened till it felt secure enough. Went back a week later and retightened a couple of bolts there felt a bit loose for my preference. The danger in over tightening would be on the clamps as they MAY snap if you over do it. Tighten till secure, don't push it, re check, and you'll be fine.
I'm not sure about @SC48, but those engine bolts on your bike you have to remove before installing this bar were no joke. It was on there pretty tight I struggled for a bit to remove mine. Other than that, it was really easy to install. The instructions does recommend you taking it to a "professional" to get it install with the "proper torgue" but it doesn't indicate exactly what it suppose to be. I just tightened til secure just as @SC48 stated, been riding with it for a little over 100 miles no problems here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@MzKonani - since I have the 300, it was just the one long bolt. It was definitely on very tight. I clamped one end with a clamp wrench and gave the other side a good jolt before it popped loose. It was a bit tricky because I was on my own and had to pretty much hug the fork to get it done. If you have someone to help, it would be much easier because they can use both hands (more force on one side) to hold it steady.

Also, use a socket wrench instead of a regular combination wrench, and the longer the wrench the easier it will be because....physics lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got my crash bar and slider, the crash bar installed no issues. The exhaust slider bolt was too big, did you have that issue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts