Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone cut off the pins on the handlebar switch housings for smooth handlebars?

I am planning on putting Biltwell chump handlebars on the Rebel, I have never had a bike with switch housing pins and never had a problem with housings turning on the handlebars.

Am considering cutting them off so I don't have to drill holes in bars and have the ability to adjust as needed. If a bit loose on bars was going to wrap with electric tape to make snug.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I would drill the bars, but I'm not a fan of cutting or drilling any of the OEM stuff.
I have 8" chumps from Zeeds on the bike now, had to drill holes and the switches aren't exactly where I want them, now I have to take it apart and re-drill if I want to use the bars again.

The Zeeds chumps are uncomfortable and cause tightness between the shoulder blades with hands almost level. So I am going with Builtwell chumps for a more relaxed position. Have them on a sporster and can ride all day with no problems. But I don't want to have to keep taking things apart and drilling holes to get switches where I want them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts