Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey! This forum has been pretty helpful so I figured I would contribute, maybe help a few others.

I recently bought a Swing Arm Bag from Willie and Max on a recommendation (link here)

Its made for a Harley sportster and it looked great on my friends Iron, so I figured I would just give it a try and it fits great (see photos!). I just got got my rebel and I am a new rider so I am still trying to figure everything out as far as how I ride and what I need, but for now I throw a water bottle, my lock, and other stuff in there. Probably fit my camera in its small case in there when I am ready.

Instal was easy, although I did have to take off the seat and the left side panel to fit the straps around it. It doesn't get in the way when I am riding. And all the parts came with it - I am sure there are cheaper bags out there but after seeing this one in action I was happy to spend the money.

Next is raising or replacing the bars and new seat... still looking into that.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hey hey! This forum has been pretty helpful so I figured I would contribute, maybe help a few others.

I recently bought a Swing Arm Bag from Willie and Max on a recommendation (link here)

Its made for a Harley sportster and it looked great on my friends Iron, so I figured I would just give it a try and it fits great (see photos!). I just got got my rebel and I am a new rider so I am still trying to figure everything out as far as how I ride and what I need, but for now I throw a water bottle, my lock, and other stuff in there. Probably fit my camera in its small case in there when I am ready.

Instal was easy, although I did have to take off the seat and the left side panel to fit the straps around it. It doesn't get in the way when I am riding. And all the parts came with it - I am sure there are cheaper bags out there but after seeing this one in action I was happy to spend the money.

Will,

Good job, that really looks good. I am going to order one today.

Everyone on here will appreciate the link that you provided. I checked and the bag is also available on Amazon Prime. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008R0JU10/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Kenny G

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thank you Kenny G. and Cue Baller for the heads-up. Guess the ones from Revzilla
at $88.20 would be the best deal. :smile2:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thank you Kenny G. and Cue Baller for the heads-up. Guess the ones from Revzilla at $88.20 would be the best deal. :smile2:
Just ordered the saddlebag from Revzilla (see link on willcall500's post above). Able to order it with free shipping at $78.20 ($88.20 less $10.00 credit applied).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cant wait to see someone with the tan bag! I had a hard time deciding what theme to go with on my bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts

What part of the frame did you mount the bottom part of the bag too?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

What part of the frame did you mount the bottom part of the bag too?
I put the bottom part on the actual swing arm, it's as tight as it is on the two top mounts, but it seems to stay put so far!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cant wait to see someone with the tan bag! I had a hard time deciding what theme to go with on my bike.

Hi Everyone,

New here from up in Canada. I just got the tan swing arm bag and installed it today. I managed to swipe it from amazon for $80 CAD and free shipping. I must say, I feel like this bag was made for this bike. It fits perfectly! Not overly large, but good enough for gloves, glasses a water bottle and some tools. Just thought I would share.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But doesn't the swing arm move and flex the bag?
I think it may stretch out a little, but the leather is sort of good with that. I was just banking on the fact that its called a "swing arm bag" that It would be fine in the long run. Its only been a week... but so far its been great for a water bottle, lock, and my helmet lock.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Everyone,

New here from up in Canada. I just got the tan swing arm bag and installed it today. I managed to swipe it from amazon for $80 CAD and free shipping. I must say, I feel like this bag was made for this bike. It fits perfectly! Not overly large, but good enough for gloves, glasses a water bottle and some tools. Just thought I would share.

DUDE, looks great! Love the tan one too on your bike, good fit!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts