Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as the Rebel's stock seat is pretty basic, and there is a lot of interest in replacing / modifying it, please use this thread to post your replacement seat pics along with vendor, price and comfort. Please try sticking to the following format:

Vendor - HTP Motors (link to product page here)
Cost - 100USD + 20USD shiping
Comfort - Slightly better than stock on short rides. Same or worse on long rides. 4/5 points
Comments - Any relevant comments (quality of service, shipping, fitting etc.)
Photos - Add some photos so other riders can see what your seat looks like
@RebelAdmin, if you think this topic is noteworthy enough, perhaps you'll consider pinning this thread to make it easier to find.

·
Super Moderator
1,119 Posts
Seeing as the Rebel's stock seat is pretty basic, and there is a lot of interest in replacing / modifying it, please use this thread to post your replacement seat pics along with vendor, price and comfort. Please try sticking to the following format:

Vendor - HTP Motors (link to product page here)
Cost - 100USD + 20USD shiping
Comfort - Slightly better than stock on short rides. Same or worse on long rides. 4/5 points
Comments - Any relevant comments (quality of service, shipping, fitting etc.)
Photos - Add some photos so other riders can see what your seat looks like

@RebelAdmin, if you think this topic is noteworthy enough, perhaps you'll consider pinning this thread to make it easier to find.
I stickied the thread - we'll see how popular it is to remain stuck. Please add a photo or two (as you suggested). Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I've taken the plunge and ordered a new seat.....

Vendor - Motozaaa / Advance Automotive Assessories

Cost - £95 for seat.
Shipping £62.17 (Paypal)

Seller very friendly and responds in good time through messenger on FB.

As I've only just ordered it, time will tell if it's anygood, shipping time, fittings etc.

I will update when it arrives. (From Thailand)

Shipping seems a little excessive so I'm hoping it arrives quickly, a small price to pay compared to the Corbin (£480) If I make any future orders with them i will speak to them about what I can do to get shipping costs down.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
That is awfully expensive for a seat cover.

Check with an automotive upholstery shop in your area for a price.

Kenny G
If it was just a cover, then you could order just the cover.

Pretty sure they're completely repadding and upholstering the seat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well the seat has arrived already......

Vendor - Advance Automotive Assessories - through FB. (MotozAAA)

Cost - £95 for seat.

Shipping £62.17 (Paypal)

Shipping time - outstanding. From placing order 6 days to arrive from Thailand to UK. Well packed and fully trackable.

Fitting - one small bracket slips into the front like your normal seat does and you use your rear seat screw to fit the back. These fittings do not feel the strongest but it fits nice.

Quality / comfort- Time will tell. Looks good.....but Seat has a shine to it and is a bit slippy. Hope my fat butt breaks it in. Feels ok but need more time on it.

Overall very happy with the service from these guys. Good communication and very fast delivery.

I am happy with the seat, will it last I don't know. But for the price I can't complain. Shipping was expensive but very fast and packed well so would order again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gulfman,

How much actual foam is in the seat where you put your butt?

Kenny G
Hi Kenny

Not alot.

It's not bad to sit on, but a bit slippy. A bit more use over longer rides will give me a better idea of how the foam is.

The underside is very much like what I believe you posted in the past. I'm sure they sell something similar to that one too.

For the price I'm happy with the seat and the service from the seller is great.

I think the only seat I've seen that will have guaranteed comfort is the Corbin....but it's 3x the price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow, that looks really good. Can't wait to hear back on a long ride test.
Yes agree it looks pretty good, for what I paid I'm happy with it so far.

Will be sure to make an update once I have a bit of a longer run on it.

As I said earlier I think the Corbin seat should guarantee comfort, I only assume this due to the price being alot higher.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice looking seat Gulfman!

I would be interested to know how comfy the rear portion of the seat is for a passenger. For what the Honda passenger seat costs, I could get the seat you have posted above for right about the same price. I really like the seamless look of one seat instead of 2 separate seats. I haven't done much research on it, but there doesn't seem to be any real options for the passenger seat. I'm sure I could make something fit, but I would prefer something that fits right out of the box.

-CG

·
Registered
26 Posts
@CGrazFL

Thanks buddy, I think it looks pretty good too.

As far as the rear seat goes it does not seem to have alot of padding on it. It is there but not alot.

When I take it out next I'll have someone sit on my bike and I'll sit on the back, test it out to see how it feels and report back on here.

They do another version of this seat, someone had posted it on here, it's got the diamond pattern all over it and is more of a square shape.

At a guess I would say that would be better suited for a passenger although this one, In my opnion does look cooler 🖒

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm not Kenny, but I'll chime in...

I had my stock seat foam replaced with denser foam (better support) and had the original cover put back on.

Cost (mostly labor) was $150, but this was at a custom shop.

I was quoted "around $100" at a local upholsterer to just add some additional foam and wrap the seat in new leather.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice looking seat Gulfman!

I would be interested to know how comfy the rear portion of the seat is for a passenger. For what the Honda passenger seat costs, I could get the seat you have posted above for right about the same price. I really like the seamless look of one seat instead of 2 separate seats. I haven't done much research on it, but there doesn't seem to be any real options for the passenger seat. I'm sure I could make something fit, but I would prefer something that fits right out of the box.

-CG
After sitting on the rear part I don't think it would be any good to carry a passenger.

Minimum foam, not big enough and wrong shape.

I think this seat is all about the looks as far as the rear goes.

Riding again in the main saddle today has been no problem. Finding it pretty comfortable. Still need a longer ride and a bit of time to break it in to see if the foam lasts. Still a bit slippy.

Not sure if I can feel the bars on each side of the frame under the seat or I'm being parinoid.

Will update again after using it more.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not Kenny, but I'll chime in...

I had my stock seat foam replaced with denser foam (better support) and had the original cover put back on.

Cost (mostly labor) was $150, but this was at a custom shop.

I was quoted "around $100" at a local upholsterer to just add some additional foam and wrap the seat in new leather.

Thanks for the info cueball ! Steady garage guys are quoting me 200 for the front seat and 150 for the rear seat and 60$ extra for gel padding. that is if I ship them my seat.
I should check some local upholstery as well.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I will repeat what I have said before: "The Steady garage is too expensive for a little additional foam and a new seat cover installed."

My seat with an additional 3" of foam and a really nice rolled and pleated seat cover cost me $162.00.

The appearance of my seat shows really good craftsmanship, but it is a little strange looking because of being tall.

Kenny G

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
After sitting on the rear part I don't think it would be any good to carry a passenger.

Minimum foam, not big enough and wrong shape.

I think this seat is all about the looks as far as the rear goes.

Riding again in the main saddle today has been no problem. Finding it pretty comfortable. Still need a longer ride and a bit of time to break it in to see if the foam lasts. Still a bit slippy.

Not sure if I can feel the bars on each side of the frame under the seat or I'm being parinoid.

Will update again after using it more.

Have you had a chance to break in the seat yet? I was looking at getting the this one but assume that the comfort would be the same for the driver:

Honda Rebel CMX 300 500 Replacement Seat Double -V1 Motozaaa

1 - 20 of 26 Posts