Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
Cmx 500 2018
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all ,i brought a second hand 500 with exhaust wrapped and a shorty on,the seller gave me the stock exhaust,now the question is i fitted the stock back on and to me feels smoother than with the shorty on, generally feels running better even tho with the shorty on it ran fine
i prefer the look of the shorty,does the shorty do any long term damage? as thinking of re fitting the shorty
thanks

· Registered
728 Posts
the engineers decided on the stock for a reason, put the shorty on, take a picture, put the stock back on, when you need to look at it, look at the picture, when you need to go somewhere, put the picture in yer wallet and ride it with what's sposed to be on there

Reactions: tuxs and Crocodilo

· Registered
1,170 Posts
and when you go for the annual MOT you'll have to put the OEM stock muffler back on or you'll prolly fail inspection

Reactions: Kenny G

· Registered
728 Posts
Geezers rule! they can sneak home at midnite and get away with it

Reactions: longbeachgary

· Registered
2017 Rebel 500 Black
1,176 Posts
For me, only looks would have me change the can. But wrapping would have me reach for stock again. Each to his own. The sound is ok of the stock, but its looks... well!

· Registered
1 Posts
The engine was designed to run with a stock Muffler which provides a fixed amount of back pressure when you switch to the short
you change that and why would you want to do that. The back pressure is necessary for the engine to a run efficiently and perform properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts