Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

So i am really anjoying the rebel 1100. I'm a bit too large for the bike (not uncomfortable), so my knees made some scuff marks due to hugging the tank at winds. I was wondering if somebody got a solution for that as is some cool sticker ideas. I have some tankpads on order, but those wont help so much due to the scuff marks being on the edge of the tank cups.

I am just trying to find out some ideas for it! As in my last post: Im not to worried anymore about scratches breaking down the motorcycle (or even rain for that matter hahahah)

·
Registered
2021 Rebel 500
429 Posts
Hmm, I have seen rubber adhesive stickers. Where? I do not remember. But you might check at a hardware store, or in the automotive section at Wal-Mart.

Just wondering. How big are you? I am 6' 3" (almost 6'5" with riding boots). I weigh 224. I feel my 500 is on the cusp of too small. I am now, just a little, wishing I had bought the Shadow or Indian Scout.

·
Registered
2017 Rebel 500 Black
856 Posts
Perhaps you just need to get the seat built up a bit?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm 6'2" -- getting the seat built up did a world of good for me on the 1100, but too much, and it's on to risers so you aren't reaching down to the bars. It never stops. :)

·
Registered
2021 Rebel 500
429 Posts
There are times when I wish I was shorter. But, I married an Asian woman, and if there is one thing an Asian woman likes it is a tall man. I guess it is wiser to be thankful that I am tall.

Maybe I should raise my seat as well. I bought the Rebel so my wife could ride it, but she never does.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, I have seen rubber adhesive stickers. Where? I do not remember. But you might check at a hardware store, or in the automotive section at Wal-Mart.

Just wondering. How big are you? I am 6' 3" (almost 6'5" with riding boots). I weigh 224. I feel my 500 is on the cusp of too small. I am now, just a little, wishing I had bought the Shadow or Indian Scout.
I am 6 feet 7

Perhaps you just need to get the seat built up a bit?
Well, I really like the seating position right now. And I was told such marks won't take the value way down.

Oh, and I'm looking for an excuse to put some stickers on it hahaha

·
Registered
579 Posts
Go to a window tenting place. Ask about getting/buying a small piece of clear that usually goes on the front of nice or newer cars to protect them from rock chips. Use this where you want to protect.

Example, i have put some on my motorcycles that protect the tank where a belt buckle could scratch it. On another bike, protect the tank from where seat wings rubs on it. Nice thing it is clear and lets the paint color show through. Its thick film and holds up.

Buff the marks out if you can before applying.

Reactions: swdunlop
1 - 7 of 7 Posts