Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stoked on how everything is coming out lately, still need to do a few things like change the brick and turn signals. maybe get brown leather seats also but idk yet. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum that's made my dream bike possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't gotten around to doing the fork boots on mine just yet, but they definitely change the look of the bike.
Nice work!
yeah i actually did it the ghetto way (cut down seam and super glued it back together and put some rubber cement on there as well) and its doing a **** good job actually i'm pretty impressed with how its holding up so far.

i got the fork boots cheap so it wasn't really a loss to me if i messed it up but it actually came out really good, and the top sections i just bought a cheap vinyl and covered it with that. Eventually ill have a shop do it the real way but for right now this gets the job done nicely!

·
Registered
715 Posts
yeah i actually did it the ghetto way (cut down seam and super glued it back together and put some rubber cement on there as well) and its doing a **** good job actually i'm pretty impressed with how its holding up so far!
That is genius.

·
Registered
110 Posts
yeah i actually did it the ghetto way (cut down seam and super glued it back together and put some rubber cement on there as well) and its doing a **** good job actually i'm pretty impressed with how its holding up so far.

i got the fork boots cheap so it wasn't really a loss to me if i messed it up but it actually came out really good, and the top sections i just bought a cheap vinyl and covered it with that. Eventually ill have a shop do it the real way but for right now this gets the job done nicely!
Where did you get the fork boots?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Haven't gotten around to doing the fork boots on mine just yet, but they definitely change the look of the bike.
Nice work!

I did mine even more ghetto and split it done the middle and tied one zip tie at the top and one zip tie at the bottom. Haven’t hadn’t any problems yet haha

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bike looks great! I'm going to go ahead and install my fork boots the same way. Is there any kind of glue you recommend? Or did you use any superglue?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Bike looks great! I'm going to go ahead and install my fork boots the same way. Is there any kind of glue you recommend? Or did you use any superglue?
i went by walmart and just bought a normal GEL super glue that had a fast set time to stick it together easily. then once that dried i got a thicker gel kind (this one https://www.walmart.com/ip/Loctite-Vinyl-Fabric-And-Plastic-Flexible-Adhesive-1-Ounce/21674360?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=1317&adid=22222222227025396135&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=80426712529&wl4=pla-177661124209&wl5=9010315&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=21674360&wl13=1317&veh=sem ) that's made for rubber, its supposed to be flexible.. i'm sure just any rubber cement would work.. also you're going to want q tips or a small paint brush

and use a fresh razor blade it cuts soooooo much better

also i went over it a few times with the flexiable super glue over the course of a few days so it would get a good layered seal on there

·
Registered
35 Posts
i went by walmart and just bought a normal GEL super glue that had a fast set time to stick it together easily. then once that dried i got a thicker gel kind (this one https://www.walmart.com/ip/Loctite-Vinyl-Fabric-And-Plastic-Flexible-Adhesive-1-Ounce/21674360?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=1317&adid=22222222227025396135&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=80426712529&wl4=pla-177661124209&wl5=9010315&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=21674360&wl13=1317&veh=sem ) that's made for rubber, its supposed to be flexible.. i'm sure just any rubber cement would work.. also you're going to want q tips or a small paint brush

and use a fresh razor blade it cuts soooooo much better

also i went over it a few times with the flexiable super glue over the course of a few days so it would get a good layered seal on there
Awesome! Thanks so much. Gonna get it done over the weekend.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome! Thanks so much. Gonna get it done over the weekend.
also after i got the top inch or two done i let it dry and put a zip tie around it so it would'nt slide down as i was working on it... ALSO MAKE SURE TO NOT GET THE GLUE ON YOUR FORKS!!!!!! i didn't at all, its super easy to do honestly. but as i was doing it i imagine how much of a nightmare that could be haha

GOODLUCK!

·
Registered
47 Posts
handlebar bag

The bike is looking awesome. I almost went with black myself, but ended up not being able to stop looking at the blue so had to go that route.

I'm looking to invest in a small bag for mine and saw this thread. I like yours a good bit and seems to not be in the way or look stupid. Where did you get it from? And how hard/easy was it to attach? Is it large enough to hold a small wallet, cell phone, maybe some keys, and paper work for the bike? My other option was looking into a back fender bag, but I like the idea of a smaller handlebar one more.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The bike is looking awesome. I almost went with black myself, but ended up not being able to stop looking at the blue so had to go that route.

I'm looking to invest in a small bag for mine and saw this thread. I like yours a good bit and seems to not be in the way or look stupid. Where did you get it from? And how hard/easy was it to attach? Is it large enough to hold a small wallet, cell phone, maybe some keys, and paper work for the bike? My other option was looking into a back fender bag, but I like the idea of a smaller handlebar one more.
sorry i could of swore i replied to this but its the sw motech legend tool bag. here's a link https://www.ebay.com/p/SW-MOTECH-Legend-Gear-La5-Motorcycle-Tool-Bag-1-6-Liter/5021005740?iid=233022431294&chn=ps

It can actually fit a good amount of stuff if you're into Tetris, haha. I can fit two iphone 8 plus, a disc lock with a good size reminder cable, my wallet, paperwork, and my other keys in it if i really need to. its awesome way bigger on the inside than it looks.
its supposed to go under the headlight but i personally like it above the headlight. plus i can access it easier when i stop.

·
Registered
62 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts