Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I actually really like your speaking style. I think you got something good started, plus your mic quality is spot on compared to other videos I've watched.

I use my Rebel for commuting and as you said it owns that genre of motorcycle. I've also gotten quite a lot of compliments and people staring at my bike as I walk up to it so it holds its own in the style department too which is sweet. Just yesterday I pulled up to a light and a guy in a truck next to me yells "Hey is that the Rebel?" I say it is and it's the new 2018, he chuckles and says, "They have come a long way with those Rebels, it's a nice bike!"

I feel you on the blinker switch. It's straight trash... and I replaced my brick real quick. Eye sores to say the least.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I agree completely with Jason. great job on the audio. no wind (or rain) noise at all !
and also 100% agree with the turn signal switch. A> it's in the wrong Dayum place, and B>, doesn't always move left to right. i really hope the switch that at some point, or I have half a mind to swap another bikes controls (or rewire/position my switches)

·
Registered
708 Posts
and also 100% agree with the turn signal switch. A> it's in the wrong Dayum place, and B>, doesn't always move left to right. i really hope the switch that at some point, or I have half a mind to swap another bikes controls (or rewire/position my switches)
Drives me crazy. I have honked my blinkers more times that I can even admit. I did buy an extra left hand switch and am looking for a suitable correctly laid out switch so that I can splice them together. My bike's connectors spliced/wired into the other switch might solve my problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I enjoyed this video A lot and as others have said the good audio quality makes you stick with it.
Nicely narrated.

What microphone set up have you used
I bought a small lapel mic from amazon, run through a seperate voice recorder and then link it up in the editing software. After a little work to reduce wind noise its pretty good. That and I tape over all my chin bar vents, and the beard fills the opening at the bottom haha

Glad people are liking it, I have more recorded just need to edit them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hells Yeah! Another Rebel Motovlogger!! Great stuff...

I ride and vlog in NYC...Moto Noir is the channel. Hope to see you do more videos!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hells Yeah! Another Rebel Motovlogger!! Great stuff...

I ride and vlog in NYC...Moto Noir is the channel. Hope to see you do more videos!!
Thanks! I've watched a bunch of your videos, part of the reason I was so keen to get started!! I'd love to rip through NYC someday, I love that city!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I actually have an offroad one planned, got a ton of clips but the audio is terrible so I'll be doing it over and hopefully getting it edited up this weekend.

90% done a tire review of my pirellis so that will go up next and there is some offroad in it.
maybe just record the video say what you want on your separate recorder, re-watch it and repeat what you say in your room or something.

stoked for you dude!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe just record the video say what you want on your separate recorder, re-watch it and repeat what you say in your room or something.

stoked for you dude!
seems really dubbed as a voice over because I'd have to mute the camera audio (dumb rambling) and you'd lose the bike sounds

·
Registered
56 Posts
Started a super lame motovlog under my Instagram handle @ryan.rozz . It's pretty terrible but it's a start. First and only one so far is rambling about my 500 as a commuter. Hopefully do more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlY5cuHFZRs

Kudos bro! That’s was one of the best videos reviews for me of the Rebel. Great narrative and audio. Look forward to seeing the next video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hey dude, another good video. I actually watched the whole thing, just seems enticing. I was thinking you were gonna wipe out once or twice but glad you didn't !
Nice to know there's people out there doing things on their Rebel i doubt i'd ever do LOL
and I haven't started comparing tires yet, waiting til my dunlops are almost worn out but will keep those in mine. I do prefer Pirelli tires on my car/truck so wouldn't be much of a leap to put them on my Rebel

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey dude, another good video. I actually watched the whole thing, just seems enticing. I was thinking you were gonna wipe out once or twice but glad you didn't !
Nice to know there's people out there doing things on their Rebel i doubt i'd ever do LOL
and I haven't started comparing tires yet, waiting til my dunlops are almost worn out but will keep those in mine. I do prefer Pirelli tires on my car/truck so wouldn't be much of a leap to put them on my Rebel
Thanks! I definitely get some good slides going at times, its fun to practice for sure. These tires are worth the money especially with great on road performance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts