Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious -- as finding a rear stand that works without having to remove the exhaust has proven pretty fruitless, I was wondering if I'd be able to suspend the rear end of the bike via the rounded bar behind the seat? Or would the swing arms be a happier place to hang it from? I'm planning on using a basic stand for the front tire.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Loosen the clamp where it connects to the main exhaust (straight back from your right foot peg) and the bolt where it mounts to the side (right below where the right passenger peg would be) then it should slip right off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
We need some one to decide which swing arm stand would be best for the Rebel for those of us willing to remove the muffler to lift the bike..

Kenny G

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all,

For anyone up here in Canada I just purchased this stand: https://fortnine.ca/en/oxford-big-black-bike-stand. It works great and they have free shipping. The stand comes with "L" brackets that lift from under the swing arm. It also comes with lifters for spools but I won't be putting these on. I should also note that I have a shorty exhaust on so I don't have to worry about that. Maybe I will try putting the stock one back on and see if it works, but I doubt it because the stand is at it's widest on the bike. The bars that the "L" brackets are on are sticking out quite far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are going to use a swing arm stand, harbor freight has one for 29.99 that is great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They don't ship to Canada and I'm not willing to drive 4+ hours to hit up the nearest Harbor Freight. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey all,

For anyone up here in Canada I just purchased this stand: https://fortnine.ca/en/oxford-big-black-bike-stand. It works great and they have free shipping. The stand comes with "L" brackets that lift from under the swing arm. It also comes with lifters for spools but I won't be putting these on. I should also note that I have a shorty exhaust on so I don't have to worry about that. Maybe I will try putting the stock one back on and see if it works, but I doubt it because the stand is at it's widest on the bike. The bars that the "L" brackets are on are sticking out quite far.
Did you happen to purchase the matching front stand as well?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am thinking of getting a set of these: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0077T23IO

seems like a good price, anyone have experience with these stands? I emailed the seller but did not get a very informative reply. they do have a return period so I am thinking of buying them if they go on sale.
I ordered this exact set. They do the trick -- have to remove exhaust to lift rear of bike, though.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I was looking at these a great price and with those L clamps to help with avoiding removing the exhaust
The stock exhaust is going to be in the way of pretty much any swingarm stand you use.

Even the TBR on mine, which is upswept compared to stock, barely clears the rear stand.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Baller,

Are you still happy with the TBR muffler?

Does the TBR make any negative difference in performance?

Does the TBR stick out on an angle or is it hug the bike like the Honda factory muffler?

Thanks,

Kenny G

·
Registered
712 Posts
100% happy with it, and I've noticed no loss in performance. It is LOUD, though, so keep that in mind if noise is an issue where you live/ride.

It does angle out a bit, but due to the smaller diameter vs stock, it probably doesn't actually stick out any farther than the stock muffler does.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Brian,

The Abba Stand looks like great stand.

Twizzian was showing a home made copy of the Abba and he thought it was really stable.

Please share a link to the Abba Stand.

Kenny G

1 - 20 of 38 Posts