Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Yeah someone recently posted about moving their speedo to a side mounted option, so it's out there somewhere, can't recall the thread for it atm though..
In the meantime, welcome to the Forum!

Edit: Gosh, sorry, I'm barely awake here, I mistook your request for the side mounted version.. Not quite so sure about this low mounting option that you're looking for.
The P-40 bike concept was a show off piece made for the showroom floor, so they might have gone with custom options that was specifically made for that bike at that time.
Such an mounting option might be out there somewhere, but it's not one that I can recall having seen thus far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked the stead garage mod photo, it looks like they use the same low mounting. but I can't seem to find it on their website though

That's the only thing prevents me doing the clip on bars mod.

I may give them a call on tomorrow

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called Steady garage and was told they used the stock speedometer mount, which I didn't agree. THe p-40 photo shows they use a much lower mount that the stock riser.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Isnt the diference in the bar?
They dont use the stock bar, so maybe the stock mount is placed lower because of the new bars used in that mods....

·
Registered
306 Posts
The speedo is mounted to the handlebar risers/clamps, so unless there's a low set pair of risers, the speedo is exactly where it is on a standard 300/500.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wouldn't one need to have rear set foot pegs to go with the clip ons? It seems like a rather uncomfy riding position otherwise.
I wouldn't mind rear set foot pegs but would prefer to buy a kit rather than having to make them myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts