Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here we go, there's no thread 'bout sparkys, yet. As we know, our bikes calls for NGK-s, exactly CPR8EA-9. However there's also iridium option (CPR8EAIX-9); just found over at Grom forum, that they perform slightly worse, due bigger resistance of iridium over copper, but longevity wise are (supposedly?) better... While searching, came across Denso plugs, some claims them better choice over NGK-s (don't know, on Yamaha Virago 250, they work equally good as NGK for me, at least). Densos for our rides are IU 24 and iridium alternative IU24 iridium.
Meanwhile found meanings of codes for NGK plugs...
NGK_Plug_Chart_1.jpg ngk_zuendkerzen_thumb.jpg

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm running the NGKCPR8EA-9 because they will last for a very long time. That's important to me because they are so difficult to change on these bikes. Performance is very good too.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, factory told us to change them every other oil change (24000kms in metric part of the world), this time will try get them past three oil changes and then we'll see.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good plugs will last many thousands of miles.
Yamaha Virago 250 calls for new plugs also every second oil change (cca 12000kms) and I stretched that to 20000kms without any ill effect, so, basically, yes, but in my car, once have problem, sparkplugs from factory they call good for 60000kms, but made barely to 20000kms, but on second same car, they last to change interval without one single hiccup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts