Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used fiberglass and some body filler to complete the cast. Using the old full on fender as a mold, I just trimmed it a lot. I couldn't get decent pictures as I was living in a haitus for the moment. I'm probably gonna plan to make a fiberglass gas tank cover in the near future. Just so I can change the color of it whenever I'd like and protect it. (as you can see the dent on the left side

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
I used fiberglass and some body filler to complete the cast. Using the old full on fender as a mold, I just trimmed it a lot. I couldn't get decent pictures as I was living in a haitus for the moment. I'm probably gonna plan to make a fiberglass gas tank cover in the near future. Just so I can change the color of it whenever I'd like and protect it. (as you can see the dent on the left side

What did you use over the old fender when making the mold so the the fiberglass didn't stick to the original fender.

I have an old Harley Heritage skirted metal front fender that will fit over the stock 130/16 front tire. Was going to modify to fit the Rebel 300 to keep mud and water off the motor, radiator and mist off everything else. Fiberglass may lighter and a better solution.

I am also planning on making a rear stock fender extension for the same protection on the rear of the bike. Was thinking of sheet metal, but fiberglass may work also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used fiberglass and some body filler to complete the cast. Using the old full on fender as a mold, I just trimmed it a lot. I couldn't get decent pictures as I was living in a haitus for the moment. I'm probably gonna plan to make a fiberglass gas tank cover in the near future. Just so I can change the color of it whenever I'd like and protect it.
(as you can see the dent on the left side

What did you use over the old fender when making the mold so the the fiberglass didn't stick to the original fender.

I have an old Harley Heritage skirted metal front fender that will fit over the stock 130/16 front tire. Was going to modify to fit the Rebel 300 to keep mud and water off the motor, radiator and mist off everything else. Fiberglass may lighter and a better solution.

I am also planning on making a rear stock fender extension for the same protection on the rear of the bike. Was thinking of sheet metal, but fiberglass may work also.
I used masking tape making sure the resin couldn't leak but it still did. Just make sure you double up on the layers so it doesn't leak. If you want to make an extension, I'd suggest you try to make a mold from the rear. Pm me if you want some help (I too am an amateur so)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts