Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Jeez, my dealer only had greys
Mine too, but I asked for a black one and lucky me it was the day before they did request for the bikes in Spain so they did I waited 2 weeks for it, since it was new out of the factory I preferred to wait and get what I wanted xD

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
The colors change annually, at least here in the US they do. See attached photo from Hondas website. 2019 is brown, gray or orange. 2018 was red, black, blue, silver. 2017 was silver, yellow, black, red.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'm hoping they release the 1000cc version I might get it since I just love this bike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm hoping they release the 1000cc version I might get it since I just love this bike

Good find on your preferred color.

I like the 500, I have found that the faster vehicle I have the faster I go... my fastest were probably my ZX10, ZX14 and CBR1000RR... I say I am staying away from fast bikes but haven't had a V-Max yet and may get one at some point, have loved them since the 80s.

I would have to see how a 1000 rebel would look in reality since it would require another frame and many other points... would be much wider, etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi! Yeh yellow stands out and I like that.
Honda offered this yellow in 2017 on the Rebel and I had to have it.

What purple car do you have?

Changing the bars is fairly straightforward if you dont have to replace the brake line, throttle cables or extend the wiring... for these bars specifically they are only 5" rise so it was mostly swapping everything over from bar to bar with no extensions or replacements required. The stock switch housings have nubs inside of them that match up with holes drilled into the stock bars so they don't rotate. When replacing the bars you can either drill the new bars or dremel the nubs out of the housings. I always dremel the nubs, wrap electrical tape around the bars 2-3 times in the spot under the housing and mine never move. I would rather not drill the bars as I have swapped bars and moved them from bike to bike before.

As far as comfort that is so very personal it's hard to answer. I get a slight lean forward now but could have angled the bars further back to prevent that. Biltwell have dimensions on their website for the bars so you could do some measurements to get an idea of approximately where they would be for you and if you would like them.

Thanks for the information, my car is a Citroen C3 karma it's a "city car" I choose only for convenience since I do like the brand and honda don't make civics like they used to. Before, I used to have a Citroen BX 16V - and very old - (some say ugly) which was a real driving pleasure, but she died (with her 20 mpg or around 12L / 100km).

I use my rebel every day for commuting (30min, against one hour in car, or one hour of suburban trains) so I intend to keep her on the long run. I don't really look for high speed since the cops are always at the turn and it can get very costly, but until now the rebel acceleration managed to make me dodge some less cautious drivers without much fuss. And not to mention insurance (500euros yearly base price which makes it less with bonus, against 1500 for a car on average, and way more for a fancier bike - ducati and such). And not to mention the economical characteristics of a bi-cylinder against a four-cylinder bike fuel wise.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts