Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow people. I'm new to the world of riding and motorcycles. As much as exciting it is, it is also a tad scarry and yet unclarified. I would like to asked then, if I get an aftermarket slip on exhaust, let's say the TBR exhaust, would I also have to install a power commander or the PCFC. I know it's not necessary and that it's only recommended, but does the engine run leaner on those exhausts or hotter, for that matter? I don't want to cause any damage to the engine. Most people, from what I read in these (new here as well, but I'm catching up pretty fast), they don't seem to have any problems. Can anyone inform me further on the aftermarket exhausts?

P.S I don't know if this post belongs here.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Cruiser,

Welcome to The Forum.....

Ride Safe & Keep The Shiny Side Up.....

I have had a Musarri Slip On Muffler on my Rebel 500 for the last 9000 miles without using a Power Commander and I have had no trouble.
You are probably going to hear some after firing on deceleration, if it is objectionable PM me and I will tell you how to get rid of it.

Kenny G

·
Registered
814 Posts
With the TBR you won't need it. Several others have gotten some other models like mentioned earlier and didn't need it as well.

I would say for most slip ons you would be fine, but there may be a few that are either to open or to restrictive where you would need a power commander. Like Kenny said you may get a slight rumble or popping sound when decelerating. Some people like the way it sounds, but if it bothers you there are ways to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hi, i have the Mussari as well. Fitted it myself which was easy and it runs fine. Oh and i love the gurgling and popping!
The shop foreman at my local Honda Dealer pointed out to me that that popping was probably there with the OEM muffler, but the muffler is so efficient that the rider couldn't hear it.

Kenny G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts