Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Honda Rebel 500 with ABS. I watched a you tube video that EN187 did changing the relay on his bike which is a 2019 Rebel 500 w/o ABS. When I removed the gas tank on my bike it did not look anything like the bike in the video.
So, after all of that, does anyone know where the OEM relay is located on my bike? Has anyone changed the relay on a Rebel 500 with ABS?

·
Registered
127 Posts

Here's a pic from another job I did on my bike...relay would be right under the 8 pin junction

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RWS, but I have no idea where the 8 pin junction is located. I see an item that has 8 rings with a aqua color. Would the relay be just below the rubber grommet where the tank sits?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks RWS, but I have no idea where the 8 pin junction is located. I see an item that has 8 rings with a aqua color. Would the relay be just below the rubber grommet where the tank sits?
based on the shop manual schematic in my previous post and without taking my tank off and verifying I believe it is the one indicated by arrow...in any case if your turn signals don't work once removed from wiring harness you'll know if you have the correct module or not

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you so much. I appreciate your effort in helping a guy that is two bricks shy of a load. Which shop manual did you get? The one I got doesn't have any schematics like that.

·
Super Moderator
1,147 Posts
based on the shop manual schematic in my previous post and without taking my tank off and verifying I believe it is the one indicated by arrow...in any case if your turn signals don't work once removed from wiring harness you'll know if you have the correct module or not
This is always the best method - no guess work

·
Registered
127 Posts
updated relay info
1. turn signal/hazard relay
2. fan control relay
3. main relay
4. fuel pump relay
5. turn signal/hazard diode

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks again rws!! You have been a great help! I see you have a Memphis Shield. What is your height and the height of the shield you purchased. I'm 5'10" and am thinking of the 18".

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks again rws!! You have been a great help! I see you have a Memphis Shield. What is your height and the height of the shield you purchased. I'm 5'10" and am thinking of the 18".
I'm 6'4" and the Big Shot windshield is 20" high. I contacted Memphis Shades to see if they would make a custom Big Shot a little higher but they said no. I went with the trigger-lock mounting hardware with the idea I would probably riding the bike without the windshield most of the time...but I haven't taken it off yet.

Memphis Shades Big Shot Windshield for Rebel 300/500

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, tried to get the relay out. No chance for me. I would need to take a lot of the stuff out to get to it and I am too old to do all that. Guess I'm just going to have to live with fast signal lights. Hey, better than no lights!! Thanks again!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well, tried to get the relay out. No chance for me. I would need to take a lot of the stuff out to get to it and I am too old to do all that. Guess I'm just going to have to live with fast signal lights. Hey, better than no lights!! Thanks again!

you have to remove the ignition switch stay to get at it.....did you source the shop manual?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts