Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a set of these recently off eBay, received them yesterday. In all fairness they look nice and appear to be of good quality, unfortunately the sticky on the back of the pads are not the best.

I've now had to order some thin double sided sticky pads to hopefully attach the one that didn't stick to the tank.

The tank was cleaned and degreased.

Beware if you buy these you may have to do a bit of DIY work to get them to stick.

I've attached the product number for your info 192380358538

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had the same issue with the set I ordered from HRP. Unfortunately the Rebel logo was upside down on the left pad. I emailed them for a refund and never heard from them again. They went in the trash. I want a set but haven’t found a quality set yet. I do hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I had the same issue with the set I ordered from HRP. Unfortunately the Rebel logo was upside down on the left pad. I emailed them for a refund and never heard from them again. They went in the trash. I want a set but haven’t found a quality set yet. I do hope it works out for you.
I must say that HRP is not going to be a favorite supplier.....

Kenny G

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankfully the rebel logo is the correct way up on both sides. They look and feel quality, but the backing on half of the l ft hand side of the tank didn't stick.

The one is fine, but I'm going to have to wait and see how thin this double sided tape stuff is now.

Thanks though mate, I hope it works out too, if it does I'll let you know. The adhesive pads were only 99p and are 1mm thick, so we'll see

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about using double sided tape rather than pads. Only microns thick layer of sticky.
I was considering that, but I was wondering how effective it would be over a long period of time, sticky tape tends to go brittle over time. Well from my experience anyway

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update, received the 1mm automotive sticky pads. Worked a treat, you can not see the difference between the pads.

Cost of tank pads £25
Cost of sticky pads 99p

So in the end, for the look and quality of these pads, it's probably worth taking a chance. I may have just been unlucky, but thought it be worth sharing my experience with them.

Hope this helps guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts