Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
what the ****! I don't have that on my bike, wonder if its location specific. would of been nice to have, I like it. lol.

what is it with these things. can't they just ship the same bike everywhere. Seems there is a different version of this bike depending on country. lol. bad enough that the bike Honda officially presented looks nothing like the ones they put on the market. biggest pet peeve right there. you show a bike that you want to bring to market, well... that's the exact bike people will want. not a watered down version, which sadly, being in Canada, seems to be the Canadian thing. Everything gets watered down, even pizza!!! And you still have to hang the pizza up to dry. lol.

And its just something as small as the rear light on the bike. official release event thing had a small one on the bike. market has a brick hanging off the rear fender. simple, but add these simple small things up, they can make a big difference. lol.

·
Registered
814 Posts
what the ****! I don't have that on my bike, wonder if its location specific. would of been nice to have, I like it. lol.

what is it with these things. can't they just ship the same bike everywhere. Seems there is a different version of this bike depending on country. lol. bad enough that the bike Honda officially presented looks nothing like the ones they put on the market. biggest pet peeve right there. you show a bike that you want to bring to market, well... that's the exact bike people will want. not a watered down version, which sadly, being in Canada, seems to be the Canadian thing. Everything gets watered down, even pizza!!! And you still have to hang the pizza up to dry. lol.

And its just something as small as the rear light on the bike. official release event thing had a small one on the bike. market has a brick hanging off the rear fender. simple, but add these simple small things up, they can make a big difference. lol.
That piece is only on the 500 that is why you don't have one.

The bike I got looks like the same one Honda has been talking about for months. Every Honda release I had seen since November when the bike was announced had the huge rear light. I can't think of anything that changed.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Yes!! I remember seeing a consept drawing it think it was, and there the tail light was slim and small, and then suddently there was this big brick there instead!
You don't happend to have any links or picture of this?? I can't find it anywhere nowadays..

And about people getting "different" bikes here and there; I was somewhat "shocked" when I first saw mine on the floor at the dealer (I preeordered the bike) and it had the passenger seat on it. From what I had read, and heard from the dealer even! the seat and pegs was just another thing that you could add as an optional extra for the bike, like the windscreen, etc.
So that was a nice surprice.
Thought maybe it was a "gift" of sorts, since I was one of the first here to order the bike.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes!! I remember seeing a consept drawing it think it was, and there the tail light was slim and small, and then suddently there was this big brick there instead!
You don't happend to have any links or picture of this?? I can't find it anywhere nowadays..

And about people getting "different" bikes here and there; I was somewhat "shocked" when I first saw mine on the floor at the dealer (I preeordered the bike) and it had the passenger seat on it. From what I had read, and heard from the dealer even! the seat and pegs was just another thing that you could add as an optional extra for the bike, like the windscreen, etc.
So that was a nice surprice.
Thought maybe it was a "gift" of sorts, since I was one of the first here to order the bike.

if they included the pass seat or windscreen, that would of been nice. I see allot of other bikes, diff manufactures, that come with seats, pegs and windscreen with the option of exhaust upgrades. I'm sure its in the price, but would of been nice if the dealer actually offered it in a way, know what I mean. in my case in Canada, all the accessories was back ordered. then it was back ordered again when the first shipment got delayed. lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
if they included the pass seat or windscreen, that would of been nice. I see allot of other bikes, diff manufactures, that come with seats, pegs and windscreen with the option of exhaust upgrades. I'm sure its in the price, but would of been nice if the dealer actually offered it in a way, know what I mean. in my case in Canada, all the accessories was back ordered. then it was back ordered again when the first shipment got delayed. lol.
Heh, well if only we could have such offers even. Here it's you buy the bike, and that's it. They do offer the extras, but they don't even have them yet! Couldn't even get a price on the different things! Totaly hopeless...
The aftermarked parts will have caught up by the time Honda get's their finger out...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just removed mine. There wasn't any portion of my leg that could come into contact with them. I'll see how things go and if I need to reinstall them it's only double sided tape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts