Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Has anyone had any issues with these just coming off.

Was out for a couple hours today. Noticed that the left side had come off. God knows where. I've bought a replacement now, only £21.

Just wondering if this was a common occurrence, or just a bit of bad luck on my behalf.

Thanks guys

Locky

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hi All

Has anyone had any issues with these just coming off.

Was out for a couple hours today. Noticed that the left side had come off. God knows where. I've bought a replacement now, only £21.

Just wondering if this was a common occurrence, or just a bit of bad luck on my behalf.

Thanks guys

Locky
Locky,

The side covers coming off is a common occurrence, if you have a Battery Tender Cable connected near the cover check to make sure the cable is not preventing the cover from seating.

Make sure the grommets that the cover snaps into are located correctly and wax the the pointed thingys .that snap into the grommets. When everything is correct you should be able to hear and feel the cover snap into place.

Good Luck,

Kenny G

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine fell off my first day w/ the bike.
I've had a replacement on for the past year and hasn't budged.
I'm guessing they didn't push them in in all the way from the factory/dealership.
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one lol. I'd done just over 400 miles on it and prior to that there was 400 miles on the bike.

I'll keep an eye on it from now on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts