Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday folks,
Other than the honda oem bags which i dont much like, would anyone know of a list of side cases or saddlebags options that would fit securely onto the oem brackets for the 1100? Ive replaced the original muffler with a low mount so there is much more clearance for bags now. I want to use the oem brackets, and believe there may be a few brands of cases that clip/ attach straight on to them? As for softer or leather bags, Im guessing quite few would attach securely to the oem brackets? Any recommendations much appreciated Cheers and safe riding

· Registered
1,170 Posts
I've tried several hard bags on my 1100 using the Honda brackets.

I would never go for bags like the mis-matched set offered on the T model

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Electrical wiring

I tried out this set of German origin hard bags...cheap and flimsy..took them off almost immediately. The company had a 100% satisfaction guarantee...I got my money back plus the company let me keep them

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

mounting plates I robbed off a set of the accessory Honda Nylon Bags they offer for the 300-500-1100 so I could mount the bags to the Honda brackets

Tire Automotive tire Tread Wheel Synthetic rubber

the next set I tried was the SW-Motech Urban hard bags...didn't keep them long

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Fender

Font Automotive design Rectangle Electric blue Auto part

finally settled on a set of Viking hard bag... I like these bags

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

plus I have these bags set up to lock to the mounting brackets so someone can't just walk off with them

Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

Tire Fuel tank Plant Wheel Motorcycle

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice one rws! You've done a lot of leg work trying out various options. I like those viking cases (and their other stuff) most too. Are the honda oem mounting plates available separately? Im not keen on having to buy their bags to get at them. Anyway youve helped me a lot to narrow things down. BTW what's that exhaust muffler youre running on the 1100?
Cheers!

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Nice one rws! You've done a lot of leg work trying out various options. I like those viking cases (and their other stuff) most too. Are the honda oem mounting plates available separately? Im not keen on having to buy their bags to get at them. Anyway youve helped me a lot to narrow things down. BTW what's that exhaust muffler youre running on the 1100?
Cheers!
It's something I whipped up in the shop...slash cut 4" pipe...Flowtech Purple Hornies glasspack

Purple Violet Cylinder Material property Office supplies

banded the glass pack for a tight fit in the 4" pipe

Lipstick Cosmetics Purple Paint Violet

preparing to cut the hanger

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Gas Cylinder Auto part Machine Metal

Purple Gas Automotive tire Magenta Machine

Light Office supplies Material property Cylinder Auto part

pipe tacked ready for welding

Cylinder Office supplies Natural material Bicycle part Pipe

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
strewth! very nice job on the pipe . Just checked some of your earlier posts.. some real ingenuity there .the way youve made those viking cases look like they were made for the bike .. well done mate!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts