Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I dunno guys.. Besides the extra exhaust pipe there, they haven't really done much with it. And that rear fender looks like something they had lying around, and spent a whole 2 minuts fastening it on the bke. Looks sloppy.
Would have loved to get a closer look on their execution on that exhaust thou, to see if it's actually a working piece, or just for looks.
From what I could see from the pictures on their site it may look like they have joined the exhaust pipe at the back of the cat where the original pipe comes out. A shame really, since a twin setup like this should each have come straight from the engine itself, rather than from behind a cat...

I'm actually dissapointed with it. If some custom shop like this first takes on modding a bike, why not do it proper? Actually put some work into it, rather than this.
Just my two cents thou..

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm not sure they're a custom shop in that sense. They tend to dress up the bikes in a certain hipster kinda style. Lots of leather straps and patches. I don't think they have a pucka fabrication facility.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I dunno guys.. Besides the extra exhaust pipe there, they haven't really done much with it. And that rear fender looks like something they had lying around, and spent a whole 2 minuts fastening it on the bke. Looks sloppy.
Would have loved to get a closer look on their execution on that exhaust thou, to see if it's actually a working piece, or just for looks.
From what I could see from the pictures on their site it may look like they have joined the exhaust pipe at the back of the cat where the original pipe comes out. A shame really, since a twin setup like this should each have come straight from the engine itself, rather than from behind a cat...

I'm actually dissapointed with it. If some custom shop like this first takes on modding a bike, why not do it proper? Actually put some work into it, rather than this.
Just my two cents thou..
I just came to say the same thing. The exhaust is just 1 to 2 pipe they attached after the CAT.
They are charging 1500 to do these add ons. I am pretty sure it is less than 500 in parts. In fact I am pretty sure it is less than 300 dollars in parts and would take very little effort outside of cutting and repainting the fenders.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I don't understand modifying your Rebel to make it look like every other Rebel out there. I think the stock Rebel looks awesome and that's what drew me to it in the first place. Now get off my lawn......

·
Super Moderator
983 Posts
It had dawned on me the other day, on what most of us are doing to the Rebel.
We are not actually “customising” the bike, we are “Accessorising them using readily available parts, so you you end up with multiple thousands of similar modded Rebels.

Customising is making the bike look unique and fabricating the materials to fit.
Would you agree?

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
It had dawned on me the other day, on what most of us are doing to the Rebel.
We are not actually “customising” the bike, we are “Accessorising them using readily available parts, so you you end up with multiple thousands of similar modded Rebels.

Customising is making the bike look unique and fabricating the materials to fit.
Would you agree?
True, true.
Getting a blank canvas and start making it your own usually don't mean "buy this piece to complete the upper right corner of this canvas!"
But then again, I'm seeing a lot of people who surely would want to personalize the bike, but have absolutely no clue to know...

·
Registered
56 Posts
True, true.
Getting a blank canvas and start making it your own usually don't mean "buy this piece to complete the upper right corner of this canvas!"
But then again, I'm seeing a lot of people who surely would want to personalize the bike, but have absolutely no clue to know...

I agree, however I think you need to bear in mind that Honda’s target audience for the Rebel are people new to riding motorcycles, it’s an entry level bike. It’s not expensive or is overly powerful. It seems to me most of the people on this forum are new to motorcycles too. So people new to riding probably won’t be as experienced or have the know how or budget to fully customise their bikes the way they want. I don’t think that’s a problem and I really like that there are now a few more after market accessories appearing, thankfully mostly from Thailand, although it’s a shame other countries aren’t manufacturing parts too as I think the quality and range could be better and from some one living in the UK, I could get them quicker. I like that people using mods accessories to define their look, some are going for a cruiser look, bobber style, others scrambler and some happy with the way it comes straight out the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts