Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to check on my 1100 at the shop yesterday. I noticed they had a 2013 Sportster Custom with the sexy fat tires and a Vance and Hines exhaust. Out of curiosity I asked what kind of trade they would make. They said their's plus 700 bucks for mine.

Both bikes have around 6500 miles on them. Their's still has the 9yo stock tires (bye-bye $700).

I figure it will get me away from their shop and fix my leg cramps.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I went to check on my 1100 at the shop yesterday. I noticed they had a 2013 Sportster Custom with the sexy fat tires and a Vance and Hines exhaust. Out of curiosity I asked what kind of trade they would make. They said their's plus 700 bucks for mine.

Both bikes have around 6500 miles on them. Their's still has the 9yo stock tires (bye-bye $700).

What do you guys think?
Run away quickly. Sportster has nowt on the 1100. Slower, poorer handling, less reliable, older tech. You’d get close to list for your current bike given the climate and availability. If your thinking Harley the new sportster/nightster is closer but still inferior imo.

·
Registered
605 Posts
make them put the deal in writing, then see their add ons, then get on your bike and leave.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Your bike for a 10 year old piece of **** harley sportster (the Harley that other Harley riders call a girls bike) and they'll give you $700? You've got to be joking. No offense but they must think you're an idiot.

·
Registered
126 Posts

What do you guys think?
Personally I wouldn't. It's too much of a downgrade to only come out $700 ahead to then spend that on new tires.

It sounds like you have a few issues going on and I can understand how frustrating it can be when they're compounding like this.

Is there another Honda dealer you can take your bike too? I read about the issues you're having and they should be covered under warranty. In the alternative, maybe there's another owner on here who knows how to wrench and is close enough to you to come check out your bike and maybe give you some advice?

As far as leg cramps, I'm sure you're aware of the option to add forward controls. If you were going to look at another bike, I'd suggest the Indian Scout. I rented one for a couple of days as I was also interested in this bike before getting the Rebel. It's a little more expensive and there's pros and cons to each bike but I would say the Scout is a fairly lateral move if you're looking for a similar bike that may fit you better.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I owned a 2008 Harley 1200 Custom. Beautiful bike. Chrome everything and all the Scull option bling put on.

My opinion is DO THE DEAL-YOU NEED A HARLEY- YOU NEED TO BELONG.

Then after a few months you can look in the mirror every morning and thing how stupid of a deal you made when you could have just spent a little more tailoring the 1100 to fit you better.

If you don't like the Rebel any longer, sell it. Should be easy enough to sell at a loss but not such a loss you would get in this Harley deal.

Reactions: LesS

·
Registered
2021 Honda CMX 1100 DCT
38 Posts
Personally I wouldn't. It's too much of a downgrade to only come out $700 ahead to then spend that on new tires.

It sounds like you have a few issues going on and I can understand how frustrating it can be when they're compounding like this.

Is there another Honda dealer you can take your bike too? I read about the issues you're having and they should be covered under warranty. In the alternative, maybe there's another owner on here who knows how to wrench and is close enough to you to come check out your bike and maybe give you some advice?

As far as leg cramps, I'm sure you're aware of the option to add forward controls. If you were going to look at another bike, I'd suggest the Indian Scout. I rented one for a couple of days as I was also interested in this bike before getting the Rebel. It's a little more expensive and there's pros and cons to each bike but I would say the Scout is a fairly lateral move if you're looking for a similar bike that may fit you better.
I found the Scout to be very unstable on freeways. The Rebel never gives me any issues. How about your experience?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts