Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Current Bike: 2021 Rebel 500SE Past Bike: 2002 XR100R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just about a month ago I purchased my first bike, a 2021Rebel 500 SE, and was told by the dealer it was expected to ship to their dealer from Honda at the end of July. Unfortunately, on Friday I was updated that it was now set to ship from Honda on August the 3rd. Does anyone happen to know how long it typically takes for the bikes to be shipped from Honda to the United States?

Thanks all and safe riding!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi,

Nice bike choice! I’m not sure exactly of lead times re shipping to US but I know delays are being seen with all bikes and parts at the mo. I think the pandemic, Suez Canal blockage and chip shortages all contribute. My 1100 was delayed about a week from expected so not to bad. Still waiting on some accessories ordered at the time (2 months after bike arrived). Some on the forum have been waiting longer.

It’s worth the wait but can be tough to stomach. Hope it arrives soon👍🏼

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry also should have said - say the bike gets here one week after being ships make sure the dealer is primer to do PDI straight away. They again can delay things but isn’t a big job. Have the dealer pencil on a slot on the EDD.

·
Registered
Current Bike: 2021 Rebel 500SE Past Bike: 2002 XR100R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Nice bike choice! I’m not sure exactly of lead times re shipping to US but I know delays are being seen with all bikes and parts at the mo. I think the pandemic, Suez Canal blockage and chip shortages all contribute. My 1100 was delayed about a week from expected so not to bad. Still waiting on some accessories ordered at the time (2 months after bike arrived). Some on the forum have been waiting longer.

It’s worth the wait but can be tough to stomach. Hope it arrives soon👍🏼
Thank you, definitely looking forward to it! Also, thank you so much for the information about the delays, had no idea about the chip shortages. I suppose I’ll have to keep myself preoccupied with all the videos on the web for now haha. Additionally, thank you for the tip on having the PDI done and clearing that up with the dealer ahead to expedite the process upon arrival. Cheers!

·
Registered
2017 Rebel 500 Black
856 Posts
I often think that there can be as much joy in anticipation as arrival. However, you are in for some fun when it does turn up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts