Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im debating on selling my 300 and getting a CBR 600. If you guys were going to sell your bike where would you go first? I went to the dealer and they offered me 2400 for my Rebel 300 with 3700 miles. How much do you think is a fair value?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Definately not the dealer. They need to make a profit. Try KBB to get a retail and private party value and price it in between. I would go Craigslist but watch out for all of the scams.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Craigslist. Sold a CRF250L and a modded Ruckus to make room for a Rebel 500. CRF was my son's, Ruckus was mine. Cash deals for both. Tried Facebook Marketplace and LetGo, lot's more inquires than Craigslist but no quality buyers. Talked trade with a dealer first, he said go to Craigslist as his offer would be insulting.

·
Registered
788 Posts
use KBB for sure, or another guide so you know what to reasonably expect value wise.
i've sold 4 previous bikes all on ebay and never had an issue. always received more than any dealer would give me as a trade. though seems that's gone downhill in recent years, kinda like craiglist, people ask dumb questions etc.
most important thing to know if it were me, cash only :)

I actually do'nt mind letting some test ride it, provided they hand me the cash first. they damage the bike I keep the money, they change their mind? fine here's your money back. i'll sell to someone else. though that's never come up. first person to show up with $ bought it everytime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts