Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the weather is getting nicer, I’m going to start riding more. My problem is my 250 has a helmet lock but my 300 does not. How do you guys secure your helmet on the 300/500?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just use a heavy duty rubber coated bicycle wire lock. I just wrap it around the handle bars base cause it stays coiled up it fits perfect and I can even loop it through the helmets face shield. I can even loop it through my back pack loops and my whole jackets arm sleeves if I want. Its quite versatile. and when I have my motorcycle in the bed of my truck I can even take it off and pass it through the rear tire and lock it to my trucks bed loop tie down spots so no one can steal my ride.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Has anyone ever had their helmet stolen?
I'm still just slinging mine over the handlebar without locking it.
Mind you my helmet is a $60 Daytona 3/4 and doesn't look flashy. If it's stolen, meh.

I'll probably keep doing this till it does eventually get stolen, then I'll wise up and get a lock. But just curious if this ever happened to anyone and if so, how much was your helmet worth?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Mind you my helmet is a $60 Daytona 3/4 and doesn't look flashy. If it's stolen, meh.

I'll probably keep doing this till it does eventually get stolen, then I'll wise up and get a lock. But just curious if this ever happened to anyone and if so, how much was your helmet worth?

My helmet is a modular helmet with Bluetooth and I’ll be away from my bike for 10+ hours a day so I’m concerned with just leaving it on the handles. I just put it on the handles when I go into the gas station but not all day while at work.

·
Registered
527 Posts
My helmet is a modular helmet with Bluetooth and I’ll be away from my bike for 10+ hours a day so I’m concerned with just leaving it on the handles. I just put it on the handles when I go into the gas station but not all day while at work.

Good point. I do bring my helmet in and leave it in my office while at work. It's left hanging on the handlebars when i'm doing errands/shopping where i'm away from the bike an hour at a time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Now that the weather is getting nicer, I’m going to start riding more. My problem is my 250 has a helmet lock but my 300 does not. How do you guys secure your helmet on the 300/500?
There are several previous threads and posts relating to securing helmets. If you go to the top of the page and hit to 'Tools' drop down menu, then go to 'Advanced Search' you can look for things either by thread or post.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
132 Posts
At work or in other locations where I have some space for me I take my Helmet with me and put it down there.
For short stops like shops or taking a walk anywhere, I use the same device as AViz.

But with this E.V.A. device :wink2: as you might have, I would´nt dare to lock it on the bike!

·
Registered
108 Posts

I had a mountain bike helmet stolen from beside me while sat outside coffee shop once before!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts