Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
Has anyone found a seat that is better than the stock seat. I know the Corbin is supposed to be a great seat however before I drop 400 on one I wanted to see if there was an alternative that people like. I do have my stock seat and am currently adding foam to it in hopes of a better ride.

Thanks,
Jeff.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hey guys,
Has anyone found a seat that is better than the stock seat. I know the Corbin is supposed to be a great seat however before I drop 400 on one I wanted to see if there was an alternative that people like. I do have my stock seat and am currently adding foam to it in hopes of a better ride.

Thanks,
Jeff.
Griff,

As far as comfort goes I think the foam you add to the factory seat is going to satisfy you.

I added 3 inches of foam but should have put a gel pad in also, I was short of money at that moment.

Kenny G

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just popped off the factor seat and took it to a local upholstery shop. Guy charged me fifty bucks since he has a lot of scraps from a big project. Only having about an inch added at first.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ordered a stock seat and shock spanner wrench from Babbits oem parts for $58.87.

Am planning on re-foaming the seat and see if I can get it more comfortable, if I can't get it right I will take it to a seat guy and have it done. Wanted the extra seat so I could still ride while the seat is getting perfected.

I contacted Mustang seats and they said they will be coming out with a seat for the Rebels, but don't know how long that will be.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I’m having my seat reformed and adding a custom leather cover. It’s going to cost about the same as a Corbin but I just don’t like the look on this bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the seat back last night, going to give it a good test this weekend. They added about an inch of foam to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts