Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing the super comfort seat from HRP Motors. Someone has already experience with HRP saddles??

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm bumping this thread because I am interested in this seat. Anyone have it? I don't mind my stock seat much but my passenger is very uncomfortable and I like the look of a single seat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have this on my bike. Actually bought it from someone selling it on here. I went from OEM driver and passenger seat... to a Zeedparts seat (looked cool, no comfort at all though. Very thin)
... to this HRP one. I have to say this is definitely the comfiest of the three that I've had. It also supplies more room for the passenger, which is what I was looking for. More room and comfort. It has the saddle style seat, but unfortunately does not give you the "full hug" saddle-feel if you know what I mean... you sort of slide to the front of the seat a bit after a while. But a quick adjustment and it's back to normal.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have this on my bike. Actually bought it from someone selling it on here. I went from OEM driver and passenger seat... to a Zeedparts seat (looked cool, no comfort at all though. Very thin)... to this HRP one. I have to say this is definitely the comfiest of the three that I've had. It also supplies more room for the passenger, which is what I was looking for. More room and comfort. It has the saddle style seat, but unfortunately does not give you the "full hug" saddle-feel if you know what I mean... you sort of slide to the front of the seat a bit after a while. But a quick adjustment and it's back to normal.
I think it looks great! I ordered the HRP Comfort Seat over the weekend so I'm hoping to get it soon. I don't actually mind the OEM seat but my passenger is very uncomfortable. I also like the look of the Zeedparts seats but I'm skeptical because I've read reviews that they aren't too comfortable. I think my only concern for this is that I'm 5'2" and I'm hoping it doesn't raise me up too much or be too wide for me. I'm about 130 lbs and my partner 115 so together we don't need too much room - just a little more passenger comfort.

·
Super Moderator
1,271 Posts
I think it looks great! I ordered the HRP Comfort Seat over the weekend so I'm hoping to get it soon. I don't actually mind the OEM seat but my passenger is very uncomfortable. I also like the look of the Zeedparts seats but I'm skeptical because I've read reviews that they aren't too comfortable. I think my only concern for this is that I'm 5'2" and I'm hoping it doesn't raise me up too much or be too wide for me. I'm about 130 lbs and my partner 115 so together we don't need too much room - just a little more passenger comfort.
let us know what you think of it after you have installed and ridden

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks! It does ride quite nice. I don't think it will put you too much higher as opposed to the OEM one. Hope it works out for you!

The Zeedpart one wasn't completely awful, just paper thin padding. I even thought about trying to get it re-upholstered at a local shop... but they don't even give much extra material under the seat where it's attached, so they'd have to almost re-do the material anyways and you'd lose the cool pattern.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I installed the seat and took it for a short ride. It's definitely more comfortable than the stock seat and looks great! It helps absorb driving over bumps as well. I wouldn't say it was perfect quality, but overall I'm happy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
On the HRP web page for the seat is the statement below:
(Oem Passenger seat bracket requires to install all of the rebel seats)
Is that true? if so does that mean you have to but the passenger seat from Honda to get the bracket?
Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
It does require the bracket from the passenger seat. I already owned the passenger seat. Reach out to the guys at HRP and see if they can help you with a bracket.

·
Registered
968 Posts
On the HRP web page for the seat is the statement below:
(Oem Passenger seat bracket requires to install all of the rebel seats)
Is that true? if so does that mean you have to but the passenger seat from Honda to get the bracket?
Thanks

Probably. because when I bought the rear seat from Zeed, it did not have a bracket for attachment. however I already had the honda seat so used that bracket instead.
Seems pretty stupid some of the aftermarket companies won't include the bracket for attachment. what are you supposed to do if you didn't purchase the OEM seat first?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi jmcnat211 & Reigny16,

Can you let me know by how much the HRP super comfort seat raises the seat height?

Cheers
Pascal

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi jmcnat211 & Reigny16,

Can you let me know by how much the HRP super comfort seat raises the seat height?

Cheers
Pascal
Oh gosh it's been a while since I've had the stock seat on. I would say hardly a noticeable amount. However, I do feel like it pushes me forward a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The primary reason I'm looking to change my seat, beside comfort, is because I find it way too low. Ideally I'd like to raise it by an inch or two to improve the riding position.
What is the effect of being pushed forward on the driving position? Is it still ok?

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you’re looking for height you should just take your seat to be reupholstered with added foam. I don’t think the HRP seat is going to offer that. Moving closer means it could be more crammed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts