Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I have a vision in my mind when it comes to adding accessories. Right now I’m stumped. My seat is getting custom work and the date is almost here. I thought I wanted a black leather cover and was happy until. The seat guy sent some samples. Now I have no idea. I do like a saddle brown sample and am wondering what folks that have brown think of their choice. In the end I have to make me happy but I’m really on the fence and just not sure and don’t know what to even consider. My bike is the gray. Thoughts? Opinions?

·
Registered
328 Posts
The obvious thing is that any colour goes with grey. A medium/light grey leather might look rather good. Or a dark brown - it is not too garish, but is not very exciting either. Some tans on here look OK, but a bit 'loud' imo. I put burgundy leather on a grey TDM and always thought the colour was too strong (it was what I had got). Just my 2 pence.

·
Registered
739 Posts
i went with the brown (kinda medium if you will) just to be different. every bike seat i've had (except for the corbins) have been black. so figured time for a change.
I actually was thinking a reddish color, almost Cordovan , and might do that one day if I get the stock seat reupholstered.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can only come up with resale one day might be harder if I sell the bike and it isn’t black. I would remove all add ons and sell them separate. I really dont think that day will come. I actually like this bike a good bit. The tan colors vary but there is one sample that stands out. I may have to step out of my comfort zone and do it. I’ll toss this around over the weekend and decide at the last minute.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
My Tan Seat

I can only come up with resale one day might be harder if I sell the bike and it isn’t black. I would remove all add ons and sell them separate. I really dont think that day will come. I actually like this bike a good bit. The tan colors vary but there is one sample that stands out. I may have to step out of my comfort zone and do it. I’ll toss this around over the weekend and decide at the last minute.
Here is what my seat looks like in tan, actually I was trying to match the brown that Indian uses on some of their seats.

Kenny G

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Either would look good. I am waiting to get mine recovered and i am looking at the colour of the grips wrap on trip machine company website to try and match some up. I am thinking either vintage tan or tobacco brown myself....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Either would look good. I am waiting to get mine recovered and i am looking at the colour of the grips wrap on trip machine company website to try and match some up. I am thinking either vintage tan or tobacco brown myself....
That’s an awesome idea. I wonder if I can get 2 strips of the same material to wrap my grips and it would match.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You can mix it up with the stitching as well. And usually you can mix the leather up like brown on the seat surface and black on the sides. Decisions...decisions! it's only money, if you hate it that can change it again!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can mix it up with the stitching as well. And usually you can mix the leather up like brown on the seat surface and black on the sides. Decisions...decisions! it's only money, if you hate it that can change it again!
Oh noooo! Never crossed my mind. I’m screwed. There’s more to this than I ever thought of. It may be time to ask my wife for some help. :surprise:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Made my decision and hope I’m happy with the results. The sample on the right in post 8. Two tone looks good on Kenny’s seat but in the end Odin’s solid brown/tan? Was more of the look I would like to see. I got a date scheduled for the work so I won’t have to send it in until a few days before. I’ll post when I get it back. Thanks for the discussion it was eye opening and I learned some as well

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Made my decision and hope I’m happy with the results. The sample on the right in post 8. Two tone looks good on Kenny’s seat but in the end Odin’s solid brown/tan? Was more of the look I would like to see. I got a date scheduled for the work so I won’t have to send it in until a few days before. I’ll post when I get it back. Thanks for the discussion it was eye opening and I learned some as well
I think I like Odin's dark brown upholstery better than my tan color.
I was limited to the remnants that the upholstery shop had on hand at the time of my purchase, if they had the darker color I am sure I would have went with it. They did have a King's Ranch Leather Hide for $600.00......

Kenny G

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a ton of leather scrap so I was thinking of doing a patch work brown leather seat on my grey Rebel. Thought it would be a bit different and fun.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts