Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should be able to buff them out but such a inconvenience. I've had to wipe it off using a cloth because I live down a short dirt road

·
Registered
11 Posts
It bugs me that a cheap clear plastic was used on the speedometer and scratches appear easily.
I have noticed this as well. I took a towel and some Windex to wipe it off, and now I have some surface scratches. If they made a tempered glass overlay, I would buy it for sure.

Reactions: Kenny G

·
Registered
275 Posts
Least expensive solution is to use the transparent self-adhesive backing they use to cover such things as notebooks. Make sure it isn‘t too sticky. Use a pencil to trace the outline.

:)

·
Premium Member
2019 Honda CMX500
32 Posts
Here’s a question - you think cutting out a smartphone screen protector would be an option?

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
205 Posts
Most cell phone and tablet screen protectors are glass, I dont think you could cut any of them sucessfuly. I ordered a film type protector for my bike,about $100 from Amazon. Pricey but worth it , my speedo aready has signs of not liking being naked.
Too bad Honda cheaped out by not making the cover glass :(

·
Registered
275 Posts
Speedometer Cover for the Rebel 50 I don't think it's glass but it should do the trick.
MOTO SKIN : Meter Protection Film [HRBL]
Worth noting that the 2020 model does not have the cut away at the bottom. It is simply a circle.
Trace the outline on a piece of paper. Use a drafting compass with a centre point and a blade to cut out whatever you use e.g. self adhesive clear film and Bob's your Uncle.

;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts