Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving to the beach with my 2019 CMX 300. Do you think Honda did anything special to the frame to prevent rust? Is the best that I can do is to wash the bike down everyday to prevent rust? What about the rest of the bike. How do I protect it?

· Registered
2020 Rebel 500
373 Posts
check into a product called ACF 50.
It works very well to prevent rust and corrosion. Not cheap but really worth the effort.
Spray can or even a 5 gallon pail if you need to do the inside of your airplane wings.

· Registered
286 Posts
check into a product called ACF 50.
It works very well to prevent rust and corrosion. Not cheap but really worth the effort.
Spray can or even a 5 gallon pail if you need to do the inside of your airplane wings.
Does this dry to the touch or does it remain tacky? It also appears to be a lubricant, wondering if this would work on an O-ring chain.

· Registered
2020 Rebel 500
373 Posts
Does this dry to the touch or does it remain tacky? It also appears to be a lubricant, wondering if this would work on an O-ring chain.
Definitely not for use as a lubricant.
Dries slowly.
Have used it for a few years on my well pump (once a year). Never even a spot of rust.
Have used it on bikes too with the same results. Spray on, maybe a light wipe the next day.
Does not seen to attract dirt either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts