Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has been about a month since I traded in my Rebel 500 on a 2013 Harley Switchback.

The Rebel was a great bike for me to start on but I did know it wasn't going to be my forever bike as I have always wanted a Harley and this model fit my needs and wants.

I have learned a lot of useful information from many of you and have undertaken a few mods that I probably never would have attempted without this forum. So Thank you!

I don't think my Rebel was on the showroom floor for more than a day or two so I'm glad someone else is getting to enjoy it now.

I still have a Mussari exhaust and a brand new Dart fly screen for anyone interested.

I will probably still poke around here so see ya later!

Kurt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Well, it has been about a month since I traded in my Rebel 500 on a 2013 Harley Switchback.

The Rebel was a great bike for me to start on but I did know it wasn't going to be my forever bike as I have always wanted a Harley and this model fit my needs and wants.

I have learned a lot of useful information from many of you and have undertaken a few mods that I probably never would have attempted without this forum. So Thank you!

I don't think my Rebel was on the showroom floor for more than a day or two so I'm glad someone else is getting to enjoy it now.

I still have a Mussari exhaust and a brand new Dart fly screen for anyone interested.

I will probably still poke around here so see ya later!

Kurt
I have not totally ruled out buying the Fly Screen I really like the looks of the Dart Fly Screen

I had the fork boots installed a few days ago and they really look good.

Kenny G

·
Registered
105 Posts
May I ask why you traded a nimble lightweight, well handling bike with enough power to lose your license for a 320 kg expensive monster that is only good for driving in a straight line?

I don't want to offend you, I just really don't get it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not totally ruled out buying the Fly Screen I really like the looks of the Dart Fly Screen

I had the fork boots installed a few days ago and they really look good.

Kenny G

Let me know Kenny. I'll let it go for $100 plus shipping. Might as well get it to a good home!

·
Registered
136 Posts
May I ask why you traded a nimble lightweight, well handling bike with enough power to lose your license for a 320 kg expensive monster that is only good for driving in a straight line?

Sometimes a bike doesn't vibe with you, despite it being great on paper. My friend hates my rebel 500 and won't touch it, but he loves his VFR and M50. Different strokes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only time will tell :)

Oops! Wrong reply. So she is a beautiful navy blue metal flake finish. Quick detach windshield, backrest, and hard saddlebags.
ABS, security system, 103 cu in and 1690cc. I actually feel more grounded and comfortable at highway speeds (about 2450 rpm at 70 mph).
It actually handles really well and is a smooth ride.
A few pics

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I can. Because it is what I want in a bike and I am fortunate enough to live in a world where I can get it even if it is not what everyone else wants.
You don't have to get it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Oops! Wrong reply. So she is a beautiful navy blue metal flake finish. Quick detach windshield, backrest, and hard saddlebags.
ABS, security system, 103 cu in and 1690cc. I actually feel more grounded and comfortable at highway speeds (about 2450 rpm at 70 mph).
It actually handles really well and is a smooth ride.
A few pics

Oh wow! Im not a Harley guy, but it makes me think of a little Road King (I obsess over road Kings) with all the style and flair of a smaller bike. Job well done! I'm actually a little jealous. That looks great. What's your wet weight? I'm surprised ABS is on there- is it a Bosch system?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh wow! Im not a Harley guy, but it makes me think of a little Road King (I obsess over road Kings) with all the style and flair of a smaller bike. Job well done! I'm actually a little jealous. That looks great. What's your wet weight? I'm surprised ABS is on there- is it a Bosch system?

Thanks! It is a smaller bagger but can be stripped down to a nice cruiser in a couple of minutes. 718 lbs but is so well balanced you don't really notice. Not sure if it's a Bosch system.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts