Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Shan- I had a pair of cortech Bags on my old Fazer. the bags themselves were fine, but the mounting system was too generic for me. at times they would sag and rub in places so eventually i took them off. granted they weren't billed as a 'direct' fit for that bike, but i gave them a try. eventually went with Givi mount/bags for the exact model, which worked great.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not a problem! Excellent clearance, sturdy, look great, and have plenty of room. Water tight and lockable! 100 shipped.

I'll get some daylight and see miles and get some more pictures and impressions. Fits my messenger bag with laptop on one side with my rain gear and tools. Plenty of room left on the other.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Another pair!

Here are my saddlebags:

the mounting
https://www.hepco-shop.de/meinbike/honda/cmx-500-rebel-2017/c-bow-seitentraeger-schwarz-fuer-honda-cmx500-rebel-ab-bj-2017.html
and the bags
https://www.hepco-shop.de/produkte/gepaeck/cbowbags/ledertaschen-fuer-c-bow/rugged/ledertaschensatz-rugged-24-ltr-fuer-c-bow-halter-schwarz.html

For my former Rebel 450, I had to do all the construction work of mounting saddle bags on the fender for myself. There where no mounting parts for bags available. The bags where fixed on the bike - and so sometimes all the gear I had in them was stolen. So I like this bags much more as the old ones. They are lockable in both ways: the bags per se and on their holders. So sometimes I can ride without them or with only one of them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Link just below in my previous comment..
The mounting was pretty straight forward. There is a metal plate inside the bag which prevents the leather band and touch the wheel, (and two pieces of metal kinda bracelets this goes outside of the bag), with 4 wholes, the 2 on the top to be just screwed together, the ones on the bottom are to be attached to the fender with its original bolts.. Job done
I will try to make some pictures closer if you guys want.

The bag is amazing, really nice quality, fits perfect, can be padlocked enough room.. Just what i needed.
@bajonett Could you please post closer pictures of how exactly did you mount your saddle bags. I just received a pair of similar bags from the same seller - love it. Do you know if it's compatible with SADDLEBAG STAYS from Honda?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I try this too. But not with such a big project as leatherbags.
I have an old, but original army-haversack in good shape and I´d like to put it on the rest of the sissybar. For this, I have to sew a kind of flap on the back of the haversack to put it with one throw over the rest.
In a few days I put me to work on it and we will see the outcome...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not a problem! Excellent clearance, sturdy, look great, and have plenty of room. Water tight and lockable! 100 shipped.

I'll get some daylight and see miles and get some more pictures and impressions. Fits my messenger bag with laptop on one side with my rain gear and tools. Plenty of room left on the other.

These look great. I noticed you have the passenger seat. Have you taken anyone with you since you've installed the bags? How does it ride for them?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've taken my much heavier friend to show him what a bike is like. Without being able to adjust the preload it tried to washout a bit in turns. Plenty of room with the bags. My wife is much lighter and the only thing I noticed with her was longer stopping distances. The bike CoG is so low that taking a passenger is a breeze. It pulls quick enough, too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the willie & max universal swingarm bag. easy install, although it has rubbed the paintwork where it attaches. Looking for something a little larger now as this only just fits rain gear. Really designed for a wallet, phone and water bottle i guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Shanfara
I like the look, size and price of the Nomad USA Leather Slanted Motorcycle Saddlebags w/Quick Release Buckles (Braided).
The amazon page was not clear as to how they mount to the bike.
Could you tell us about that?
Do you still like them 9 months later?
Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Got my Viking Bags! Large, hard case. $351 with shipping and after the email reminder discount.

Attachments

61 - 73 of 73 Posts