Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing a couple of bags here I decided to get a set and ordered from Siam Silver on eBay. Items were ordered, colour confirmed by message from Siam Silver and product was shipped on 01 December.

This arrived on 13 December, all the way from Bangkok to Melbourne, free express post!

Everything was well packed in a double strength carton and taped all over to prevent any rain getting in.

Unpacked, all fine and no damage at all and all the parts were there.

And fifteen minutes later all fitted.

The only variation to fitting I made was to use four 8x22mm hex head screws to secure the bags to the original fender screw positions.

I'll let the bags age a bit and then hit all of the raw edges with leather dye.

I'm impressed with the product and the excellent service from Siam Silver.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CMX-REBEL-500-300-2017-SADDLE-BAG-SIDE-FRAME-COVER-FAIRING-LEATHER-GENUINE/152757836202?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
35 Posts
So these don't come with brackets but are attached via the existing fender holes ?

As in the bags have holes / reinforcement in those positions for that ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So these don't come with brackets but are attached via the existing fender holes ?

As in the bags have holes / reinforcement in those positions for that ?
Exactly.

The inside wall of the bag has a 2.5mm stainless steel plate liner with holes drilled to match the fender screw positions (lower holes), two strips each bag act as risers to support the upper section of the bags.

I can post more pics if your'e interested.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes please.

Considering people are charging $100s for brackets that's a really nice solution, I also had a look at their ebay shop to see what else they were selling.
From some of their photos the bags you have look quite small (they quote them as being 9" x 10" x 5"), but from your photos they look a good size.

How would you rate them as far as carrying capacity goes / what are you looking to carry in them ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the same bags for few weeks now and I can confirm that it's really high quality product, easy mounting, even for a clueless guy like me..
The only complaint I can think of is that the locking hook is kinda useless as I can access through the hole at side of the bag when it's locked, so your smaller belongings can be removed if it really wanted to, but I can live with that.. Otherwise it's perfect
Strongly recommended! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts