Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced rusty fork tubes? Mine are going at the top between the two yokes. there is a little pitting, but there is some small blistering right at the lower yoke, surely this can't be right for a 6 month old bike!. I've always kept this area pretty clean, giving a WD40 wipe after damp rides. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having these issues?

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Not sure if it's the same spot, but I had some in the general fork area, and also inside the frame number. Took it to the dealer and they removed the rust and painted it again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i noticed some in my frame number too, but thats just light surface corrosion (at the moment). But its the top chromed parts of the forks that are bothering me the most.......i've got thoroughly abused mountain bikes that have faired better over ten years than my well cared for Rebel has in 6 months! I'll take it back to the dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my Cmx500 on 4th July 2018-yesterday 18 August 2018 I to noticed rust seeping around the bottom fork yolk, I also found rust on the frame around where the frame number is stamped, I also found it around the area where the Lambda sensor fits into the catalytic convertor and also where the down pipes join the catalytic convertor.

The bike has been out in the rain a grand total of three times for a total time of no more 2 hours, it is kept under a waterproof cover that is never put on when the bike is still wet and it has had two good coats of GT85 everywhere.

These rust issues are looking more and more like production issues rather than just isolated incidents of rust, I spoke to Honda yesterday and advised them that unless they sort out the issue to my satisfaction I will be taking court action as the bike is obviously not fit for purpose in the UK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts